This past weekend's events...
Well, we had a busy and eventful weekend... On Friday I visited with a girl and her mom from our ward who is going to be our new "nanny" - or part time baby sitter. I have missed having date nights so I posted an "ad" on a yahoo SAHM site I read for any girls looking for steady jobs. I got a wonderful 14 year old girl from our ward, when she came over I scheduled out on our calendar with her mom several nights a month through the winter when she will come to babysit, and I won't have to struggle to find someone available to do it at the last minute(which is what i usually do). She ended up babysitting for us 2 times on Saturday- early so I could go to a baby shower while Mark was working, and later so we could go on a double date with our friends Seth and Lisa who were in town form Connecticut! We had the greatest time.
On Sunday, I had been asked to Substitute teach our "Gospel Doctrine" class- or Sunday School- and I was absolutely freaked out about it because of all people I feel like a scriptural dunce. There are so many people who are SO much more qualified than me to teach about Paul in the New testament. I was horrified that I would do a horrible job. But THANK GOODNESS, I was so blessed and was able to do some great research and had all this great material, and it ended up really interesting to me, and I even kind of enjoyed the whole experience! I was so glad, and I even got several compliments on my lesson! I was SO pumped that it went as well as it did. It was great. Then, After church my entire family came over and we celebrated my little sister Katrina's 21st Birthday! I made her a chocolate marble cake with pudding and chocolate chips cooked into it, and a light vanilla pudding and cool whip frosting that was really yummy. I gave her a pretty Tiffany's necklace I had bought when I was in NYC.
SO that went well too. I just finished sewing trim on my client's window treatments, and it looks so pretty, I can't wait for her to get them up now! I am also reading a book about Katherine Hepburn that is really a fascinating peek into her life. She has always been one of my favorite actresses of all time. She lived a very unique life. Kind of sad, actually, and lonely, but she was so interesting. And that's all for now.





No comments:
Post a Comment