~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, November 19, 2007

CAT CHURCH....

I have some issues I need to work on with my children. Unfortunately when Sunday morning arrives, they start the day with fervor and excitement to get up and run around the house, and then the question is always posed,
"Hey mom, what day is it?"
"It's Sunday, sweetie! We get to go to church today!"
Her inevitable reponse, "UHHHHHHGGG, NOOOOOO, I don't want to go to church mom! It's SOOOOOO boo-ho-rinngggg!! Sundays are SO BORING. Like, we never do anything- just sit around and go to church!"
And now that Dane is getting old enough he's following Lena's lead and really saying the same thing, which is kinda sad to me since he really likes nursery at church.
So this Sunday as we sat at Breakfast, I came up with a little diversion from this always pointless and slightly frustrating morning conversation just as it was beginning.
"You know what? You guys would hate to have to stay home and not get to go to church! You'd end up having to go to the kitties church. Did you know our kitties all have church under Mommy and Daddy's bed? Gracie, Pearlie, and Squirrelly all meet together every Sunday to have Kittie church. They sing all kinds of songs, Like 'I am a cat of God.' and 'Pioneer kitties sang as they walked and walked...' and .."
Lena piped in, "Do they sing 'Jesus wants me for a Sun-CAT!?" She asked with a smile in her eyes. "And the kittens wouldn't go to regular church, they'd have to go to church nursery because they are little!! But Gracie would have regular kittie church cuz' she's an older kittie."
"Yep!" I said. And with that they ate their breakfast, and continued speculating on the ins and outs of Cat Church. What they do, say, and think about it. What fun they have. And I am hoping that they'll realize maybe if the kitties can have fun at Church, they can too.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Hey I have totally discovered the route to family peace and harmony is making up bizarre make believe tales to distract children from their little circling thought patterns. every time I brush addies hair i have to tell a story about how her hair is truly a rats nest. at night little rats come and snuggle in for the night. then we have to kick all the rats out to their rightful place under the carpet. weird I know. your so genius rach!

Jessie Jo said...

That is totally funny! I am going to tell that to my sunbeams Sunday when they are complaining about how tired they are! I loved it.

Anonymous said...

I Love Gummy Candy! Its the Best! ^.^ Allen H. From Idaho 0.0