~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Moments in Time...
Well, just this evening as I was making the kids their "gourmet"dinner of P,B,&J, baby carrots, and mandarin oranges-Lena said to me,"Mommy, if I have a baby when I am 24 will I be a 'young mom'then?"

I replied (kind of in shock that she would think about that), "Yes,Lena, you will be a young mom if you have a baby then. "

"I want to be a young mom. Maybe I can be a young mom at 23. ""Yes Lena, you would be young then too." (part of me wanted to suggest she could still be going to school, or working...but I just let her mind continue to ramble out loud.)

"When I am 23 I could be a young mom. When I am fifteen I will be a teenager. But I am six now."And then she just sat there. And I looked at this little girl, and it was like one of those crazy this is your life flash forwards, in a second I imagined her being 15, and then 23. And I would be lucky to look back on this fleeting moment and even recall it. And I thought, How do I stop time and just keep you 6? Can't I rewind time have you be your cute chubby cheeked 2 again?

I am so grateful that she's only 6 and I have her for so much longer. I am so grateful to be their mom. I am so grateful for the beautiful life God has blessed us with. We are so unbelievably happy.

I am thankful for a gorgeous and wonderful husband who blesses me with every day that passes.

I am just THANKFUL.

2 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

I have fully read your blog for the month and have several comments...you are too cute! OK about the 100 things list...I wish I knew myself that well, but I proudly can say that I knew most of those things about you :) And the kitty church thing...brilliant!!!! So funny, LOL...and the gourmet dinner thing. I have really been feeling bad about this one. Now that I have a husband that comes home at night, I feel like I should start cooking, but I think I forgot how...every night he comes home and says, whats for dinner and I say nothing and he wanders into the kitchen and turns on the oven and cooks another costco pizza. Then this afternoon I went and bought torillini at Costco, you know the kind you boil for 3 min., throw some sauce on and chow! Well, he comes home, asks his usual whats for dinner. I say Tortillini" and he gets this big grin on his face and exubirnatly says "really??!!! I thought you would say nothing :)" So my poor husband is exciting when he gets 3 min. tortillini. HA! This is some bad A husband training Ah? :)OK rambling, but have a great great thanksgiving, I miss you and wish I could be there to hang out with your whole family...you dont realize what you have till its so far away! But I will post pixs of the biggest balloons I've ever ever seen tomorrow! :) xoxox

Chapman Channel said...

Hey, I can see YOU are grateful, but I'D be grateful, too, if even ONE of my sisters ever posted a comment on MY super sweet blog...are my pics not cute enough? Are my comments not FUNNY enough? What's the deal? But, dont worry I ain't judgin' you. I know you're busy painting some wood somewhere in your house and too busy to check my eensy weensy blog, on which I posted even pics of YOUR first born child. Hmmmm...I have nothing else to say. I hope you feel good about yourself this thanksgiving.