~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Trucker Diet and other rambling...
It's back to the grindstone you might say, with school back in session and gymnastic classes calling for each child that I have. I will admit on Monday morning, and pretty much every morning since, I have really had to force my body up to get the kids taken care of and Lena ready for Morning Kindergarten. I want to stay on break!! I started thinking, is it really too late to switch her to afternoon school? I just HATE having to stress out every morning getting her fed, ready, and off to school. We all are just NOT morning people. We'd be so much more peaceful if we had afternoon kindergarten. Our lives would be so much less interrupted. I feel like morning school changes our natural pattern of living. UGH. I just do NOT love it. Anyway.
Yesterday, my DH said that he would call my eating while pregnant "The Trucker Diet" because my appetite is so bizarre. He laughs at all my odd cravings. Yesterday for example I had an absolute NEED for cheese-chili dogs. I had 2 for lunch, and they were SOOOOO GOOOOOD. My normal self- barely touches meat. I am practically a vegetarian. But when the body becomes invaded by my cute little future posterity, for some reason all I want to eat is FAST FOOD cheeseburgers, coney dogs, chili, and other strange and usually revolting meat related foods. I mean, what is UP with that? I can't be that perfect little "what to expect" pregnant eater who is like craving lentil soup and whole grain rolls? NOOO, I am wolfing down large burritos, with curly fries on the side and a dessert of a large Arby's roast beef sandwich. I hardly crave sweets at all, which is also completely opposite my "normal' self. Usually all I ever want is a delicious appetizer, like veggie spring rolls, or a fantastic salad with craisins and nuts and raspberry vinaigrette, with some delightfully sweet dessert after. Not NOW! Now it's just, "Ohh, I'd like a steak with that thick meaty chili and maybe a side of mashed potatoes, with melted cheese on them, and a delightful dessert of meatballs."
I mean- in my head I know that really sounds disgusting. But my protein-enriched
trucker appetite disagrees!!
In other slight frustrations, our two absolutely PRECIOUS kittens, Pearly and Squirrelly, have decided their number one goal in life is to climb up my 9 foot Christmas tree, and eventually knock each and every gorgeous ornament off, with possibly a finale of knocking the whole thing over. I have very LITTLE tolerance with any living creature, be it human or otherwise, who tries to mess up my perfect Christmas decorating. I admit I am a Christmas NAZI, but seriously- no one can knock my decorating. THEY WILL PAY if they try. I have barricaded the living room by keeping the french doors to all open areas CLOSED and so far that is working. Those little kitty scoundrels will go on my black list faster than fast if they so much as mess anything else of my decor up. This little Martha don't play like that.
So that is all I guess for now. I just got me hair done in exchange for again helping my neighbor who owns the salon/day spa decorate for the holiday. I told her, "Boy I love having a neighbor who owns a salon!" and she said, "Well, I just love having a neighbor who can decorate!!" I guess that's a win-win situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad I'm not alone. When I was pregnant, I craved fattening fast food ALL THE TIME. I lived on Taco Bell (which normally I'm disgusted by their "meat")and McDonald's. It was so weird for me since I used to never eat red meat or fast food.... Glad I'm not the only one who strayed from the ideal pregnancy diet!