~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, November 09, 2007

Yucky...
Well, all I have to say is that today as I was taking my DD to kindergarten on the road we live on, a 35mph road, I accidentally rear ended someone who was actually stopping. The problem lies in the fact that she didn't have her rear break lights on and it appeared to me that she was moving, and speeding up. Somehow, though, she was not, and by the time I realized that I tried to stop and then I couldn't do it fast enough. That was not all though, in total 4 cars were involved all of which had minor bumper damage. Everyone on the road there was riding each other's bumpers, and I guess it was a domino effect. We were all SUVs, except for a little Beetle, that really had it's front hood dented pretty badly. UGH. I felt so horrible about it.
Every single day I pray that we will be safe as we are out on the road. And this crash, although incredibly frustrating and not desired for, was just a small reminder of how in an instant, life can be changed. I know this first hand because my own grandparents were hit by a drunk driver many years ago ( I was maybe 10), killing my grandmother, and severely injuring my grandfather. And growing up I had a friend from school at 16 get killed in a car accident, as well as an extremely close family friend killed in a truck accident. Ever since those tragic experiences I have felt so acutely the delicate nature of life. How pointless it seems to die in a car accident, and how sad and uncalled for. I am grateful for every day we have of travelling around in safety.
Hopefully yucky days like this will be few and far between.

No comments: