~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Conversations of the night
~
As I was snuggled up beside him putting him to bed tonight, Dane asked me-
~
"Mommy, what happens if a dolphin meets a kitty?"
~
I said, "I'm not really sure honey. I guess they could be friends."
~
And Dane replied, "But how would they, since Dolphins are in water and Kitties hate water?"
~
(Exactly.)"Well, that would make it kinda hard."
~
He went on, "I think kitties would not be able to be friends. What if a shark tried to kill a kitty?"
~
"Oh honey- that won't ever happen. Kitties are never by sharks, so they'll never be eaten by one."
He then proceeded to tell me he had a dream where a shark tried to kill a kitty. And that He and Lena were there, but we(mom and dad) were not. (Oh Gosh- what could it all mean? Any dream interpreters handy?) I tried to not play up the potential scariness of that dream -just listened to him and then he said he was ready to go to bed. Hopefully tonight will be with more peaceful dreams than the parentless exposure to kitten munching sharks. YIKES!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

thats scary but I can imagine dane saying that and it makes me giggle because he's so cute when he talks.
Addie just told me of a semi scary dream the other day and I didn't know how to respond.

Anonymous said...

This is a good place to find some dream answers:
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreambank/