~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eye Candy: Inspiration and Daydreams...
~
inspiration...
I found this pic the other day of a classically styled french interior. This shot is clearly a snippet of a nook in some large residence, and I just love the feeling I get looking at it. Although I usually don't like rugs that small, this one fits the scene.
~
Details that I love: The wall color, the ornamental molding on the wall, the sconces, the painting in the center, the furnishings, and the fabrics. Overall this look is what I pretty much try to imitate in my house, as I love traditional french design.

dreams....
I have always loved to daydream. This french country house is for sale for some lucky people out there.. and I just love this image of it. It is basically my dream house... with the cast iron gate and the lane leading up to the front. The style of the brick house with the mansard roof, a large sprawling traditional country home with high ceilings (no doubt) and amazing marble floors, and maybe some gorgeous wood parquet throughout. Filled with gorgeous crystal chandeliers as well, of course.
~
It leads my imagination to the back, where I would love symmetrical french gardens surrounding a lovely clear glassy pool for swimming. I know this one is strictly for my imagination.. but what an amazing dream it is! In fact, if I died and went to heaven, I'd be pretty pleased if my pearly gates looked like this. Eternal sunshine with a cool breeze blowing through the willows.

No comments: