Elsie's Blessing
~
Well, thank goodness, by Sunday I was feeling all back to normal for everyone to come and hang out with us all day/celebrate Elsie's blessing. I was originally hoping to come up with some great fun games with our new bean bags we made.. but since I was sick I didn't really have anything for the kids to do that was fun with them. The kids did throw them into a big pan, at each other, my Sister Amelia attempted juggling whilst doing some lovely square dancing/Irish jig....but that's another story. Nat and I did attempt juggling as well....we always have had a thing in our family for juggling. They definitely make for fun hurling at someone as you are talking.
~
Anyhoo... we by some miracle of nature or heaven were able to get ourselves to church at the crack of dawn/on time... but we ended up not doing the blessing during sacrament meeting because my mom and sisters were late. They got pulled over by a cop driving to us...whoops! Fortunately, it was a young cop and my mom swears he spared her because my lil' sis Nat was adorably attractive. Who really knows why though. So we ended up doing the blessing privately with all the family surrounding her and it was lovely. Afterwards, Elsie also totally slept through all our picture taking- making some pics look- kinda...uhh.. unearthly... to say it in a PC kind of way. But at least she wasn't screaming right? And Dane and Lena wanted NOTHING to do with taking pics, thus the lovely scowl on Lena's face. Ahh, looks to remember. hah.
~
We grilled some yummy chicken and veggie kabobs for lunch, accented by some super tasty fresh southwestern pasta salad my mom made, and a fresh black bean and corn salad as well, and a ton of sliced fresh sugared strawberries. It was kinda like a meal out of good housekeeping or something. The perfect summer plate of goodness.
~







3 comments:
If you look up perfet family in the dictionary..... you would find a picture of your family!!! Thank you so much for letting me be apart of the fun! I love these pixs...such a beautiful fam even if there not smiling or sleeping :) Thank you so much! Love Ya!
I like Elsie's yawning pic. she is so cute I could just kidnap her. it was a good time with good food! I need to seriously go on moms "All water" diet.
Lisa- You are a bright ray of fun and sunshine where-ever you go- and we just love having you!!
Amel- I know- let's do the ALL-WATER diet soon! Nothing like a good crash diet to get you ready for swimsuit season! haha...
Post a Comment