~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend Update
~
Last week Lena was thrilled to go to a sleepover for 2 nights at her cousin Addie's house. They went to visit grandma, played in the pool, spent the night together, and generally had tons of little girl fun. My sis Amelia did inform me that the entertainment was wearing a tad thin (possibly from 2 nights lack of sleep?) the afternoon before Lena came home as Lena and Addie (whose b-day's are 1 day apart) started arguing about whether they should have their birthday parties alone or together. Ohhh, the hardships of young life.
~
On Friday evening we took my Mom and Sis Natalie to our quaint town's 4th Friday celebration, which was packed with people. All the shops in historic uptown are open late and the streets are shut down and filled with vendors selling handmade things, goodies, art, etc..It was nice, a little too overcrowded tho, and baby Elsie kinda was the star wherever she went. People kept ohhing and ahhing, touching (ick), and at one point I was even trapped showing her to some older lady when another older lady (I am assuming a tourist??) actually had me pose with Elsie (who was in the Bjorn) so she could take a picture of us!! I have no idea what that was all about. It was funny but kinda embarrassing- like-who does that?
~
Then on Saturday we invited my Bff's (who is no longer in town) little sister and her hubby and their super cutesy little 1 yr old out on my dad's boat for the day. We packed lunch, and had a grand ole time just hanging out on the boat. Really fun, with a few odd parts too. Oddities included - twice getting the boat into too shallow of water and then the guys having to dive in with ropes attached to the boat and swim like little tug boats to pull it into deeper waters so we could motor off.. Getting "busted" by the water police for anchoring the boat and swimming in an unmarked zone! Ohhh- we are so naughty! Other than that it was your standard tubing and wake boarding, swimming and sunning type of day!! I am really glad that it has a cabin area because all the kids at one point or another were able to catch naps- which allowed us to stay out a lot longer.
~
Then Sunday was quiet, late to our crazy-early church, and then kids took naps while the hubby had to go into his office to do his staff payroll, and I sat online watching ABC.com (you can watch full episodes online-did you know that?) watching old episodes of Extreme Make over Home edition and crying my eyes out over the sad families stories. It's so silly but it tugs at the heartstrings for me. Have you seen the one about the family in Kentucky with the blind teen? I was actually blubbering at one point. Went to the park for a bit later and attempted making a bon fire in our fire pit outside to make smores late- and our firewood must've been wet so it really took 30 minutes and an entire bottle of lighter fluid just to get a teensy little flame going- and in 10 minutes flat after that Dane fell off the swing (thanks to an "accidental" kick from Lena- who I must say felt REALLY bad that he got hurt, she cried for an hour afterwards) and skinned his knee that he had previously skinned the night before!! OUCH! That was the sad finale to our night and we all went in and went to bed! That's pretty much our weekend.
~
My only goals for this week are to work out (meaning walk) ever day if at all possible for at least an hour a day. Last week we did 3.5 miles on Thurs, and Friday probably 1.5 miles. SO it was a good start. Today I did probably about 2- 2.5 miles or so. It's feels great, but it reminds me how completely OUT of SHAPE I am!!!

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

Rub it in that I'm not there. Like I need a reminder...j/k no we actually got invited to dinner last night and had fun. THey happen to have a boat and you know what they do behind it? They SURF!!!! Yes, it was a little hard to beleive but then I you tubed riding a surf board behind a boat and you cna actually do it! SO I might be trying that out this weekend. I'll let you know how that goes...don't hold your breath! :) Miss ya sweetie!!!! HUGS