~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Midnight Ramblings....
~
So it's actually 1am. I just got back from the grocery store because we were out of milk and juice. I knew my kids would murder me in the morning without it, so I went at the only time I could go without the whole crew in tow. Good thing I am a night owl. A tired night owl, because somehow having a newborn just sucks (literally) all that extra night energy right out of me. An absolutely darling cute little energy sucker, though. I know there are things I should be recording.. more journal-diary type things.. but my brain kinda feels like oatmeal right now, lumpy and soft and not very specific.
I have wanted to post about my uber baby love. I really can't describe how intense I feel about my little newborn. It's like reverse post partem or something. I am WAY in love with her. This quote pretty much sums it up:
~
"Before you were conceived
I wanted you.
Before you were born
I loved you.
Before you were here an hour
I would die for you.
This is the miracle of life."
(Maureen Hawkins)
~
Yep that's the intensity of it- such divine and glorious love I feel for this little new person in our lives. She is beautiful and sweet and wonderful and I am in awe of her fragile tiny body. So petite and soft. I want to protect her like a mother bird in the nest keeps her babies under her wings-covering her and holder her tight so nothing can harm her. Every time I look at her it's like I am seeing her for the first time. She's still a surprise to me. Her itty bitty nose and round blue eyes are this gift of pleasure to my aesthetic senses. I get so much out of simply admiring her. I love the passion in her cry. It feels like she's truly my child in it. It's wonderful.
~
Look at that, I thought I wouldn't be able to post anything significant tonight due to being so tired, and I think I just did anyway. Cool. Nighty Night.

No comments: