Lettin' it all hang out.
(or telling the gosh darn truth.)
~
I took a long hot shower tonight.
I took a long hot shower tonight.
(I am just realizing that that phrase could sound se*y...but of course it has no meaning like that whatsoever. AT ALL.)
I just need to say how glorious it feels to be warm and clean! I'm serious people... I have been too cold and dirty for too long. First of all, the winter storm has made for a very cold, well, everything lately. And my NORM lately has been about 2 showers a week (or so). So NOW you KNOW! "That is gross!", I am sure you are thinking. But- hey- it's winter... so my dry skin NEEDS the natural moisture in being a little extra dirty. Right? And my oh-so-bleach-blonde locks ALSO NEED oil to save thier little souls from extensive breakdowns, as well. So there. In the summer, I PROMISE to be more clean. Anyway.
~
I have been busy painting! I grabbed every last minute while baby slept today, between picking up and dropping off kids to thier various schools, to PAINT my office!! And lemme tellya, it is a LOT more work that you'd think! It's going to be dramatic! And different! And I am a teensie tiny bit scared that it will look like - as my daughter says- "a JAIL" when I am finally all done. But I have a vision here- and it should be great!!!
It'll at least be dramatic,ok?
~
One of my other exciting gajillionth project on my list of "to-dos" is that I am going to paint the cutest WALL size dinosaur on Dane's bedroom wall next! His room has been calling out for some fun mural and I was trying to decide what it would be- when it came to me. A large dino holding a teddy bear. (Ever read the "How does a dinosaur go to bed?" series? Picture them..)
I am SUPER excited to get on to that... but I need to be a FINISHER and finish this office project first.
And we are having the missionaries over for dinner tomorrow, so that's going to take away from any painting time I might have had.. cuz I will be trying to make things "homey" and come up with some sort of tasty dinner. So-hooo, oh well. That's a good project, too, I guess. =)
My problem is that my one-track mind makes me only want to work on painting and nothing else- no eating, cleaning, showering, feeding,caring for oneself (or others!)until the PAINTING IS DONE, darn it!!!
But that's just me.
I am completely weird like that.





No comments:
Post a Comment