~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, January 23, 2009

Weight Watchers: Eat your heart out!
~
First of all, I'm at the gym tonight and some rather large lady was getting off the scale just as I was getting on. Just to be friendly I comment, "Oh, my least favorite part of the gym!!"
As she was walking around the corner she spouts, "Not REALLY!"
I was thinking, Did she mean that for me? Really? Who really LIKES the weighing yourself part? REALLY? Besides, wasn't it clear by my tone that I was just being friendly? Was she offended that I said that? Wouldn't a normal person smile and just say, "yeah..." - without having to somewhat defensively retort? I'm still rather befuddled. An awkward exchange, at best.
~
SOOO, as I came home I realized I have a really weird way of losing weight. It's like the
{I-am-a-baby-and-want-to-have-everything-I-do-be-fun-and-everything-I-eat-taste-like-cotton candy DIET}.

Here's how my dieting plan works:
~
For Dinner (or you might say "in place of")- go to ZUMBA class and shimmy-shake-merengue-sweat (that's the fun part) your little booty off (with luck).
~
For Dessert, go home and EAT whatever homemade treats that you want (that's the tasty cotton candy part- see it doesn't always have to be cotton candy.), with EXTRA whipped cream, of course. (Tonight's was a from scratch apple cake.)
~

My other rule is that you can make yourself unlimited amounts of fruit smoothies. (I am obsessed with making the perfect one.)

And I think after about three weeks of working and sweating, I've effectively lost 2 WHOLE POUNDS PEOPLE!!!

~

Ok, I know that sucks.

BUT, my BUTT is getting tighter...and I can tell that my smooshy dough tummy is starting to look less loppy, so ya gotta be grateful for that.

And remember how cranky I was this morning? After those high Zumba Endorphins? I feel like Pollyanna once more!

Thank goodness for THAT.


No comments: