~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, January 08, 2009

New Years Resolutions
...can there ever be too many?
~
Okay, so, last night before Mark and I had the first FHE with our family of the year -we are actually going by the manual this year... I think our kids are finally old enough to comprehend it, somewhat-
we stopped in our tracks as we were going over some of our "GOALS"(and most of these are things we've been pretty bad at last year) of the new year. It kinda seemed like we have a LOT to work on..and kinda embarrasing that we've not been better at them, but at least we are trying, right?
~
1. Have FHE every week!
~
2. Read scriptures EVERY NIGHT
~
3.Get to church ON TIME
~
4.DO our VT-ing and HT-ing
~
5. Work-out regularly!
~
6.Re-commit to DAVE-RAMSEY-style budget!(we kinda fell off track with the holidays...=( )
~
And these next ones are goals I am considering..
~
Become a Zumba instructor!(I could do this in a one-day training)
~
Start online course at Rhodec to eventually finish design degree.(this would take up to several years to accomplish...)
~
And Mark has a whole other set of goals for himself...
Is that too much? I don't know why, but I feel up to the task.. of course that's just in theory!! We'll see how it plays out.
~
I am wondering if we will over-goal ourselves, set ourselves up for failure..or can this be a realistic goal set up? I don't know.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

if anyone can do those goals, it's got to be you! You can do it!

Amelia said...

go for it sistah!! We did fhe about new years resolutions too and I was so tired I had like 3 really depressing goals scrawled on a piece of torn paper.
like...keep going
make it another day
keep on truckin

Anonymous said...

RACHIEEEEEEE

I LOVE YOUR BLOG & THE HEADER!!!!

elsie is such a lil doll-i cant wait to snuggle her again!

ps-josh wants me to tell you he thinks shes really cute too hahah!

LOVE YOU SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Jane said...

That would be so cool to become a zumba instructor! I would really wish I didn't switch clubs then :(