Being sick has it's perks. (cough. cough.)
~
Like the fact that after a week of feeling rather crappy, I wake up and for the first time in ...12/14 months/no 18 months/ oh my gosh- I don't even KNOW- I actually am fitting into a pair of my pre-pregnancy JEANS!!!! (and YES if you MUST know my stretched out baby-belly is lopping over a TAD. But that's just when I am not sucking in.)
~
And on Friday, after my Zumba class, the scale at the gym confirmed it. (I don't have a scale at home. I prefer to gauge my weight based solely on the fit of my clothes.) I have lost 4 WHOLE pounds people!! FOUR! I know that sounds like hardly any at all, but as my hubby aptly pointed out when I got home that if you hold a whole pound of whale-blubber in your hands.... it's actually quite a lot. (He went on his 2 year mission to Alaska, and was a commercial fisherman in the bearing sea for one college-age summer....thus the blubber...anyway.) So THAT is a fantastic visual too, I thought.
~
Get that blubber off me!! STAT!
~
So, I am feeling happy about that. I mean, not THRILLED- because they are my FAT- stretchy- pre-pregnancy jeans... and I still have about 8 lbs to lose to feel REALLY great... but it's a great kick in the pants to keep working out.
~
It almost helped me feel less bad about the fact that my kids are sneezing,feverish,snotty, coughing, barfing, shivering sad little lumps of flesh right now. (All except baby, thank-you-Heaven!)
And they are fighting less, which is a lovely side-effect.
~
Anyway... my head still aches a tad... So off to bed I go!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Posted by
Rachel H
at
8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment