Dessert Log
Lump on a Log

~
~
Yesterday evening I hosted my monthly craft club.
~
Now I really shouldn't call this "monthly". That is somewhat misleading given the fact that we haven't had it in two (or is it three? I forget...)months. So the relief society presidency was on my case (seriously!) to nail down a date for this this month.
So I finally did.
But I am starting to think that the way I am doing it is not interesting to most people. Or maybe not easy enough, or achievable enough, I don't know. Everyone knows I am crafty, like, to the EXTREME. SO for me to get this job, I am thinking, "I am going to make this really COOL! Not LAME!" And so I easily sort through my arsenal of activities that we can do each month, and I send my group a list of supplies they need to get for each activity.
When it finally comes time for the big night, almost NO ONE shows. So far my biggest turnout was 4 and one of them was my sister(and she's not even in our ward!!) .
~
So last night one person came. I am not mad at all about this. Mainly because I think it was fate for others to escape the death cold I have right now (see photo above). And on the upside, I got my house TOTALLY clean (because I was expecting like 5 people who had told me over the week that they were coming. And some of them have never been to my house, so I always like to give them the historic house tour...it's fun for me!)
~
I have an analogy on why people don't come.
It's like, if I were to go to the "cooking club" and as soon as someone gets more complicated than "...And now you chop the carrots..." I just know my eyes would widen in fear and I my mind would start to wander and I would start thinking....."Yeah right! I don't know how to boil an egg let alone "Take the bowl, and gently cut in the cream....."
And I am thinking, "What the....? CUT in? Like with scissors?"
(See...my mind reverts to crafting terms.)
So if this is how others view my class, I totally understand why they feel like not coming.
And that is probably why I shouldn't teach it.
The end.
And just in case you wanted to know:
My FEVER: 101 degrees.
My body: Cold, shivering, and aching.
And the Dessert LOG (real whipped cream with layers of thin chocolate mint cookies formed into a log...and lemon cream cookies on the other.): Tasty. Or so I am told. To me it kind of tasted gross. But I am sick so never mind.





No comments:
Post a Comment