~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Taking a Stance.
~
Last night as I painted my jailhouse {a.k.a. our office/library}, as I listened to talk radio, a congressman was interviewed and spoke about how mamy people are calling and writing in to share thier viewpoints about the stimulus bill. He said it is MAKING A DIFFERNCE!!
So, I decided today to try to make whatever small difference I can by contacting my congressman, offering my viewpoint on the proposed economic stimulus.
~
This is what I wrote:
~
Dear Senator Voinovich,

I STRONGLY believe that more spending and increased government control is a mistake for the economy of our country. Individual freedom and fiscal responsibility should guide our future!
Please vote NO to the economic stimulus plan as proposed by the new President Obama.
~
I do NOT believe that we can "spend our way out of a recession"! It makes absolutely no sense. Please know that we are supporters of traditional values, including the right to life!
~
As a mother to three young children, we are praying that we can continue to raise them with a future that includes energy independence as well.
~
My husband is a young small business owner and we also appreciate initiatives that help grow our business, lessen our taxes, and allow us to grow and succeed. We took a risk starting a business that included taking out loans, while the media likes to "villianize" small business owners who "apparently" make so much money. Our dreams are simple. We'd just like to be able to pay all our debts off, save for our own retirement, be able to afford healthcare for our family (because right now we barely can), and pay for our children's college.
~
Thank you for all you do to help the people of our state! And thank you for taking the time hear our message!
~

PLEASE take a STAND, too! Every voice counts!!
It's fast and easy, and the website even guides you through it!
PLEASE DO IT!

No comments: