Dancing Soul Sister Compatibility quiz!
Place this Picture!
"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels." ~Faith Whittlesey
~
If you look and this pic and think:
~
A.) I have no living clue what that could be from, and whoa- that looks like it something inappropriate could be about to go down....(wrinkled forehead-frown/grimace, tsk tsk.)
~
B.) I really am not sure what that is from, but it looks like they are dancing. (neutral nod of the head.)
~
C.) Oh yeah! Wasn't that that one dancing movie.....?? I think I saw it once...yeah! (Smile.)
~
D.)UM, HELLO!!!! That is only one one of my all time favorite DANCE movies, Havana Nights. I mean, I've seen pretty much every dance movie there is, but this ranks up there as one of the BEST!! (Hopping up and down and squealing!!)
~
Answer KEY:
~
~
If you picked C then it's possible we think somewhat alike. You have potential to be a soul sister, with a little indoctrination. We might have some things in common, and there is a good possibility that we get along pretty well.
~
If you picked B, we might be related (meaning we are friends by relationship, not necessarily intrests), or casual acquaintances. We probably aren't soul sisters.
~
If you picked A, then we are probably living on different planets, and please don't tell me who you are so I don't have to think about the fact that I think you live under a moldy rock or are a pea green hobbit.
~
If you were brilliant enough to pick D, then you are my dancing-soul sister, and we need to live next door and be BFFs forever!!!!
~
In all seriousness though....
~
Last night I was inspired. You know how Zumba has been a new favorite for me? Well, it has renewed in me that love for dance. I have always loved to dance.. I was a ballet dancer until I graduated from high school. Once BYU and I met up, I was introduced to what would become a life long love affair with Ballroom dance. I LOVED it. I took so many classes, in fact, that I probably should have double majored in it. Unfortunately my time at that beloved school was curtailed by illness (mono, then on to chronic fatigue syndrome...a rough several years.), but I have always had my love for dance reemerge through out the last 13 years.
Last night I was inspired. You know how Zumba has been a new favorite for me? Well, it has renewed in me that love for dance. I have always loved to dance.. I was a ballet dancer until I graduated from high school. Once BYU and I met up, I was introduced to what would become a life long love affair with Ballroom dance. I LOVED it. I took so many classes, in fact, that I probably should have double majored in it. Unfortunately my time at that beloved school was curtailed by illness (mono, then on to chronic fatigue syndrome...a rough several years.), but I have always had my love for dance reemerge through out the last 13 years.
~
One of the difficulties has been the fact that Mark and I need to take lessons TOGETHER. And we have. But not often enough to get our skills to meet up. Aside from the fact that signing a contract for regular Ballroom lessons is about as expensive as buying a that new convertible Beemer we love....it's just not worked out for us (YET. Someday we will!)
Since I began going to my classes, my Zumba teacher has gotten a group together to dance at some area restaurants that have dance floors, where they teach dance lessons, and it has never worked out for me to go! Then, last night, the stars aligned! I got myself out the door...and as nervous as a 13 yr old school girl going to a dance by herself, I drove myself over to where the live salsa band played and the experts danced!
A funny coincidence happened there too! I randomly started talking to a dance instructor...and he innocently tells me that he danced at BYU!!! I was dying with excitement over it! What were the chances of me meeting a former ballroom dancer from BYU at a completely random dance night in Columbus Ohio? Too rare!
~
The night was a thrill!! It's as if when I dance it breathes life into my soul. And I am completely in love with dance again. And for our 13th wedding anniversary, we are going out this Friday to dance together.
~
I cannot bear to wait!
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche






3 comments:
I totally picked b or c.........so there!!
Well, we just aren't DANCING soul sisters...we're REAL sisters...so you're kinda disqualified anyway. =)
hey--I have been painting for three days and didnt see this post--it is HILARIOUS...I of course KNEW exactly what movie this was from I only watched in like ten times while making my wedding invites--and I made Aaron watch it with me! haha! He is your dancing-soul brother cuz I'm sure he'd recognize it, too!
Post a Comment