~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, August 16, 2009


HAPPY 600th POST!!!

~

Whoa.

I went to post an update, and realized that I am on my 600th post. 600! Seriously? Where has the time gone. I have been blogging for almost three whole years, which comes out to be over 200 posts per year so far. It's unreal!The best record I've kept pretty much ever in my personal life history...with the exception maybe of my jr.high journal days, haha.
~
So many things have gone on lately and not so lately...and I barely scratch the surface of it all here. But here's a few random bits:

WHEN we are OUT:



We take the kids to visit their cousins and play in a watery play-park.



See water baby below-


Yesterday we took the kids to this fun pool called the Splash Zone (our third pool day this week!) See that yellow and red slide? It basically makes you feel like you are being flushed down the toilet. Yah, I know, not a great image, but actually, it's suprisingly fun. haha! It was so fun for a city pool, we'll deinately be back!



But when we are HOME:

...and we have free time, we've been off and on (like I've said before!) working on fixing up our nasty wasty old master bath area. It HAD a really ugly old vanity from what I am guessing is the 80's at BEST, complete with ugly cultured marble vanity top, and icky brown wood. After living with THAT ug-meister for a full four years in this house, we finally bought an antiquey buffet off of my trademark Shopping outlet (you know that one LIST...)and my hubby hubs worked his magic (a.k.a. good,old fashioned muscle and skillz...)and made a VANITY for me!

VOILA!

We painted the floor to go with the bedroom, and after my Nester inspiration, I hung these simple panels, and it made me quite happy!
OF COURSE... it would be wrong to forget to mention the lovely East lake Victorian treasure I also scored on the LIST, authentic and also in pristine condition, complete with a white marble counter top! I will use this for a vanity/make-up area in there. This bathroom is not complete until I finish painting the mural like I did in the bedroom, and change out the light fixture. But like Nester says..It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful! And I am sticking to that motto, girlfriends!!


And while I love treasures grand like the aforementioned one....I also appreciate the small and simple and cheap ones! Like these little apothecary glass jars I just snatched up at ALDI on clearance for only $2.99 EACH! I like having them flank the stove like so.....




This year, when I feel a little tired-do I take a nap? Oh no...I get a shot of my new addiction at the gym, although I am pretty completely sure I do NOT look as cool as those girls when I do it. Haha!

~
And after this whole last month of supporting my GNO's, etc....my sweetest of sweet deserved his own getaway...which is his own version of F-U-N. His Le Mans Auto racing day out with a good friend and my little brother!


THIS, I do believe, was the winning Automobile!




These, obviously...were the happy winners!


This darling cutie is my baby sis Natty, who coincidentally was recruited to work at the race for the Corvette tent!
Nate and Mark, living it up at Mid-Ohio.



I am glad they had a blast...next year I plan on making it a date!

~

And Last, but certainly not least, tomorrow we take our first step into our schooling at home journey! First day of school is here! Wish me LUCK!
~

And that concludes the 600th episode of our life on this thing we call the BLOG.


Good night my darlings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I have read at least 500 of them. I enjoy your posts.
The road to 1,000.

Danny

Amelia said...

congrats on 600!!!

Your vanity dresser mirror thingy is beautiful!!

love you

millie

Rachel H said...

you guys are sweet! Danny you are awesome! =)

Marylin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your treasures! I think of you when I am on the "List" late at night looking for my next high!! :)