~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, August 03, 2009



MY weekend with our WILSON!
~

In one of Lena's summer camp/classes she brought home this funny friend to our kitchen. I haven't had the heart to toss him out...because Lena loves him so. She trims his grassy mane at least once a week! This week I got to him and gave him this stylin' Mohawk. He stands there next to my kitchen sink...pretty soon if I'm not careful I'm going to start talking to him, just like Tom Hanks did in Castaway with Wilson.

~
I mean, you know, he's friendly enough, and he likes to listen really well...


On Saturday Mark worked and so when he finally got home I was needing a shot of creativity without a huge mess so.... I painted another bird friend on my bedroom mural. As far as I am concerned there really cannot be enough birdies flying around our walls in there....and it was surprisingly fast to paint! I think I am going to start in on the bathroom ones soon now~!

For dinner on Sunday...I had all these cherry tomatoes picked from our garden...and ended up making a variation of a traditional Caprice salad...except I didn't have any fresh mozzarella, so I substituted a Mediterranean feta. I added olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and fresh basil. I thought it turned out so pretty! And it was scrumptious!!! The darling little glasses are from my great grandmother Lena.


We did Elsie's hair up in pigtails for the FIRST time yesterday!! She was SOO big-girl looking! We couldn't get enough of the cuteness!!

ACK!!!!!!!Smooochie!

We were going to get the back splash tiled this weekend behind our new stove....(and of course when I say we I mean my darling Mark. Teehee. ) but we just couldn't manage to eek out enough extra time to do it. Maybe this week, and then I'll show you!!! =)
p.s. we also went to the park and played while listening to the weekly live band that performs all summer (concert series..)and Elsie tried to perfect her "mogli crawl"...Check that chickie out below!!hah!!!
~
Ta-Ta-For-Now...

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Not fair that you are so talented!! And, that salad looks SO yummy!