~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Thinker (Auguste Rodin)
Quote of the DAY:
~
So, we just finished up our second day of school. Some simple advice: If you KNOW that both you and your daughter are ART minded, do NOT, I repeat do NOT choose MATH as your introduction lesson at home. Yes, I know it's ONLY 2nd grade. But still. Just don't do that. Ok?
~
But that's not my quotable moment of the day. That happened today.
~
But first, what have we done these first two days? Well, we were supposed to ease into it, doing only one new subject a day. we did a little more than that...but only enough to feel good and not too much. We have gone over subjects including math, science, geography,history,art,language-arts,and music! And except for some glitches in the first math lesson, I would like to declare them all a success so far! WOO-HOO!
~
And now, here's my funny moment of the day. As Lena and I were doing her second Art lesson, we talked about portraits and self-portraits. The first one we looked at was the bronze sculpture, "The Thinker" by Rodin (see above!). As I read to her from the lesson about it, she sharply retorted:
~
"What's wrong with that guy?
If he's such a thinker, he should think about putting some clothes on before he goes out in public NAKED!!"
~
Well, DUH!

No comments: