The Father's Day Gift Gone Bye-Bye....
~
I have to share this tiny tale from our day trip to my sister's (aunt Millie) yesterday. I drove myself and my other sister Stephanie and all 5 of our kids in my Land Rover. We had my 4 yr old Dane and her 3 yr old Ollie together in the way back row of the truck. In between them were Steph's bags. No biggie, right? What we didn't plan on was the fact that she had not seen my Dad since early June, so she had packed a late Father's day treat/present for him in said Bag.
~
We were driving along, chatting away as always, when one of us caught a glimpse of them chowing down on something.
"Dane? What are you guys eating back there?" I question.
"Oh...just some chocolate." He simply retorts.
"But there's not chocolate back there. I didn't BRING chocolate. Steph??" I turn to her and she can't recall bringing anything like that right away....then it dawns on her.
"BOYS!!! You are NOT eating the chocolates in the bag that I had purchased for Grandpa's father's day present, are you???"
They had opened up a special bag of goodies and were SNARFING them ALL down.
I had no idea but when we arrived, they were all but GONE!
When I caught a glimpse of Dane's chocolaty face, I directed him to wipe himself off to get clean!
SO the boys proceeded to wipe themselves off on the only logical thing within their reach. The NEW polo shirt Steph had in there as the other part of Grandpa's father's day gift!!
A chocolaty stained shirt for father's day, specially made by his two of his naughty little grandsons!!
Of course when Grandpa heard what happened, he was amused, and only mentioned that he was glad that they enjoyed themselves on the way over.
What a sweet Grandpa.





3 comments:
Haha! Classic!
LOL! Oh my gosh crazy boys!
Haha--cheers to Amelia for handwashing the shirt and getting it like new again! I definitely learned my lesson of leaving naughty treats within hands-reach of two boys!
Post a Comment