~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Put your Dancin' Shoes on!
~
Well, unfortunately I have a minute amount of visual documentation, but we went out on Friday night to dinner, and then to Salsa/Merengue Lessons, and then danced until he had a little blister on his foot and my beaded metallic peachy colored high heels (picked out specifically for their "salsa-y" latiny look) were making my feet quite sore as well! So I think that was pretty awesome for our first try! haha!
If you've ever taken a group ballroom class, this was your standard style group dance instruction class, with one exception. The instructor was unique! When I first saw him, let's just say I did NOT think he could be the teacher! With a short and stout frame, wearing tacky pleated dress pants, a horrible tropical dress shirt and white tennis shoes- he had an an odd sort of resemblance to Jack Black. But he turned out to be half teacher/half comic, so entertaining with stories and talked about history and culture behind the dances. Really fun!!! (p.s. isn't he so handsome?=))

It was especially fun to watch all the great ballroom dancers... there were a handful of REALLY good ones! (ooh, see all the awesome drinks we had?? hahah...JK! Yes, there WAS a little bar there too, where I was downing some amazing blackberry lemonade!)

As you can see below...I had to take a couple of "we were here" shots...Yes they are different!! Can't you tell?? haha.


Mark and I dance ok together. He will be the first to admit he struggles with dancing to the beat. (poor thing!) But he got an A+ for effort! He really tried so hard...and with practice...I think we'll be rocking the house in no time! I think I'll be giving him some "private" dance lessons in our house for a while! haha!

Anyway... just had to make a little post to show we DID go dancing! I highly recommend all you moms who need a "date" pick me up to try this....such a fun departure from the typical dinner and a movie date!

No comments: