When it comes to deals, I have just amazingly good-bad luck.
Here's how it goes down:
~
My mind thinks: "Hmmm, I think, if I could update something about our kitchen right now...I would change out the appliances to stainless. I mean, white is, like, SO 1990's. Yes. That's what I'd do. If I had like- a MILLION dollars- that's what I'd do." (Cuz to get what I'd really want...it's gonna cost WAAAAY too much to buy it anytime soon,right?)
~
THEN.....that familiar little {devil}shopaholic on my shoulder says: "Hey just take a little peek at craigslist! You just never know what you might find, and it never hurts just to SEE what's out there."
~
AND, somehow- unbeknownst to my consciousness...it's like I took a teensie tiny stick and just unleashed a huge marble boulder rolling down a hill. It's almost like things move into place without me hardly even trying! OK. I did try. But it was unplanned. My life is like that. I like it to roll along a little surprisingly. ~
So within literally a week and a half, I had my happy shining stainless steel fridge and matching Jenn-Air Gas/Convection (!)Stove all hooked up and ready to roll. Out with the old, and in with the {almost} new! New to me, anyway, right? Without any of that nasty old sticker shock- because when you shop on craigslist..or goodwill, or any of the other means I do, you find these things for fractions of their worth/value. It's just a dream. SOOO fun.
So within literally a week and a half, I had my happy shining stainless steel fridge and matching Jenn-Air Gas/Convection (!)Stove all hooked up and ready to roll. Out with the old, and in with the {almost} new! New to me, anyway, right? Without any of that nasty old sticker shock- because when you shop on craigslist..or goodwill, or any of the other means I do, you find these things for fractions of their worth/value. It's just a dream. SOOO fun.
That's the thing. It's great...but I am almost afraid to let my mind even wander to the next thing I might see that needs replaced...with my good/bad luck
I'll probably find it!
And then, Little miss shoulder shopaholic would be perfectly pleased again.
Can you blame her?
Can you blame her?
Below you will see a shot of that shabby-good pink kitchen with the shabby-bad white appliances.
And here we have the NEWER, less shabby appliances.
"Shiny, happy Jenn-Air's holding haaaaaaaaands...."
Does that sound weird?
Oh, well! I guess I am a tad on the odd side.
Who knew you could want to smooch a piece of metal before? Ok, except for all those car guys out there. (My hubs included) I know THAT metal is possibly, at times, somewhat huggable or kissable to them. Admittedly, I gave the fridge a small -okay a couple- of small hugs after it was installed. I just couldn't resist!
But that does not happen very often, that's for darn sure.





3 comments:
We are soul sisters for sure cause I was just checking Craigslist right before checking my blog and I was thinking how I have an addiction to finding fabulous things for either FREE or very cheap!! It makes me happy to know I am not alone!! "_
You love it too? I am addicted ...there's almost no way I will buy something retail that has anything to do with home. THere's just too many amazing deals out there!
Jackpot! I have white appliances b/c I'm too cheap for SS. Yours are rockin' awesome!!
Post a Comment