~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Awesome basic smoothie directions!
~
(I add some simple variety sometimes like a small amount of yogurt or a fresh piece of fruit)
The secret is: Keep it SIMPLE.
~
FRESH FROZEN FRUIT. I do all kinds really..and what i do is I take out the fully frozen fruit, and I defrost it on half power in the microwave...just enough so I can get my nail to stick into the fruit. (love how scientific that is?)Not too soft but not rock hard, ok? And I pretty much fill my blender to the top with that. I use NO ice. Only frozen fruit. TiP - put the largest size fruit at the bottom of the blender because it will take longer to blend.
~
Then.. I pour in either juice or milk only about 1/3-1/2 way up the blender. I find that juices like cranberry add a great tang that compliments about every flavor. For sweetness I add either honey, sometimes like a strawberry jam, or just plain sugar. Like a couple tablespoons of whatever you choose.
~
And blend it up!
......For some FUN with blending....ever try blending anything unique?
My BFF Lisa's relative likes blending stuff like Iphones,rubix cubes, remotes, nikes, hearing aids..you name it.

No comments: