~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend update : Part Deux
~
Double the birthday...double the fun!
~
Lena's and Addie's birthdays fall one day apart...so they have self-proclaimed themselves the "birthday buddies"... and it works out marvelously to combine their special celebrations into one!
~
We ate a hearty fall flavored soup for lunch, 100% homemade by the loved Grandma L, a ham and bean soup that was so herby and chock full of fresh veggies..potatoes, carrots, corn,onions, just SO YUMMY on a cool post-rainy day. And Lisa (my dearie loves my moms rolls!), LOTS of homemade fresh hot rolls!! We were chowing them with freshly whipped honey butter, and/or (actually I just did both!) FRESH strawberry JAM. My personal favorite! Thanks to MOM for that wonderful meal! I made a side salad too...with sweet grape tomatos from the garden!
~
We ended it with the miraculously saved chocolate cake and Edy's Ice Cream in double fudge and caramel cream. Pretty darn tasty too. =)

~
Aunt Millie and Addie brought over a string of hand cut paper kitty garland, as well as a handmade pin the crown on the princess poster...which the kids enjoyed playing thoroughly!! Cute little goodie bags filled with candies and toys made all the kids smile! Thanks Millie! Come to think of it...I did little more than make a cake and get my house ready for this party! I appreciate everyone pitching in so much...as I have just been SO busy/overwhelmed lately.


Forgive my moment of narcissism! I had to get a shot of my hair...hehhe! I color it myself (for both frugality...AND because I cannot seem to get someone to do it the RIGHT WAY that I want it..)...and this week I was touching it up, I got an itch for a trim...so I grabbed the hair scissors we own, and trimmed and angled it off all by myself in the mirror! I've never actually done that before...but you know me- I am the ultimate do-it-your selfer! And after I fixed it...I was pretty pleased with the results!

Lookie! I caught grampa and E all snuggled up in the love seat...and she was being so still and quiet...I wondered why? He was feeding her smarties!! HAHA! You can count on Gramps for treats!


We are a pretty awesome party team!



My first baby...8 years old. I cannot believe it.



Cutie Uncle Nate...=)


The girls again!


And finally...after her baptism that evening...before bed .. we surprised Lena with her DREAM baby doll carriage! She was pretty excited. Isn't it so cute? It is real wicker and metal and it was CHEAPER than the Pottery Barn one that looks boring like every other one at toys R us! I just love it.



Next....about the wonderful experience of her baptism!

1 comment:

Natalie <3 said...

OH MY GOODNESS - I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE (LIKE ALWAYS)!!!i could totally go for some homemade soup / rolls instead of cereal & applesauce haha! I LOVE ELSIE'S LIL FACE!!!!!!!!!! HER & GRAMPS ARE WAY TOO CUTE!!!! i better go do some h/w-ha ur blog is way too cute & distracting :-P haha!