Role Reversal.
~
For some surely normal reason baby E is being inexplicably needy as of late. It's wearing my mommy sweater thin. I am feeling worn out, tired, overworked, and overwhelmed.
Having a screechy baby-toddler at your feet for hours upon hours a day can really do it to a person.
Not to mention the fact that we are homeschooling.
And I am trying to stay sane with three kids at home.
And my hubby is working a LOT this week,
And I am supposed to be planning a double birthday party/baptism at our house for THIS weekend.
~
AND my house is a MESS. A dirty mess.
~
So once early evening rolled around tonight..and we were trying to finish a lesson on "Friction" for science. Dane was running around wildly and Elsie was frantically nursing like a newborn child as I sit on our library floor (I've been doing that a lot lately..sitting on floors..), making me feel drained both physically and emotionally....I said out loud:
~
"I just don't know how long I can do this, Lena."
~
She replied, "What, mom?"
~
"All this. This school thing...I am feeling like it's too hard to do it. Can't we just go back to regular school and make it work some how?" I said somewhat dejectedly.
~
Resolutely she retorted-"NO MOM. I love this. I love doing school at home. I don't WANT to go back. "
~
She looked at me sincerely and somberly.
~
"As soon as I am done tonight, I will go play with Elsie upstairs..."
~
(So as to give me a break...I assumed.)
~
That was all I needed to hear to help perk me up a tad bit.
~
"Ok Lena. OK. We'll keep on going. "
~
It was small and simple. But I suspect it won't be the last time my child will take on the comforter role as we continue this journey together. Give and take, right?
~
It's not easy. But I am glad it's with them.





No comments:
Post a Comment