What comes around goes around!
~
Lena has recently discovered the movie The Parent Trap!
She is so obsessed with it that we bought it for her. She adores it. I am not exactly sure what the lure is with that movie....but it brought back a lot of memories for me!
~
Because, you see, I was completely GA-GA for the original (with Haley Mills)when I was little too! I loved it so much, I of course wanted to BE the sister from London...I just thought her life looked like a dream come true! I watched that darn thing so many times I still could practically quote any given part..I think it's permanently written into my brain! haha! That movie made me go through a "twins" phase, where I wanted to be twins with ALL my friends. I would try to get us matching clothes, do our hair the same, and act it out all the time! When I watch it now, I also love the Mom from it, Maureen O'Hara.(I mean, seriously, wouldn't you just die to look that glamorous? I know I would!) She was just the epitome of classy I think! So funny, too. The comedy in that movie never fails to make me smile. Now I like the newer one, but I think nothing will ever compare to the original for me! There's just something irresistible about it...and it's so fun to see my daughter getting caught up in it just like I did! =)
Because, you see, I was completely GA-GA for the original (with Haley Mills)when I was little too! I loved it so much, I of course wanted to BE the sister from London...I just thought her life looked like a dream come true! I watched that darn thing so many times I still could practically quote any given part..I think it's permanently written into my brain! haha! That movie made me go through a "twins" phase, where I wanted to be twins with ALL my friends. I would try to get us matching clothes, do our hair the same, and act it out all the time! When I watch it now, I also love the Mom from it, Maureen O'Hara.(I mean, seriously, wouldn't you just die to look that glamorous? I know I would!) She was just the epitome of classy I think! So funny, too. The comedy in that movie never fails to make me smile. Now I like the newer one, but I think nothing will ever compare to the original for me! There's just something irresistible about it...and it's so fun to see my daughter getting caught up in it just like I did! =)





3 comments:
I completely agree- I love that movie, and her mom seriously was glamorous and funny...kinda wish we lived in an era when we could be glamorous on a more day-to-day basis, hmmm, and maybe a little less funny--haha...
We own the Haley Mills and tivoed the Lohan version recently...my kids love both. I love that Vikki from the original is Meredith's mom in the Lohan version. And my heart breaks to see Natasha Richardson, because her unfortunate death is so fresh.
I loved that movie too, old or new one, it's a classic!
Post a Comment