COLOR ME HAPPY.
~
~
I posted a comment on one of my favorite blogs Colour Me Happy by Maria Killam...on her latest post which was an interview with Color Expert Jane Hall. I think if I had time to be an expert of anything, and get paid for it right now...that would be one of my top job picks. I LOVE color, and my sisters can tell you I am always "making predictions" on whats going to be hot next...and I am usually right. I guess it's just something I have a knack for.
~
Anyway.. I have been reading so many design blogs recently that are very beautiful...and even my most recent copies of Elle Decor and Traditional Home that have been heavy heavy on the neutral color palettes. While I do see the beauty in them, it's just not me at all! I am extremely color happy (as you all know who've seen my house!) . Happy is the right word because that is what color makes me. HAPPY. It's a joy to live in an environment filled with color.
~
But when I am constantly being barraged with white, neutral, white, cream, neutral, gray....etc...I think I was almost starting to get a color complex! I was starting to feel like I must be totally out of touch to love color so much. I was questioning my own taste!! I have even just recently thought...maybe I should just change ALL my upholstery to white? Because that's what is plastered all over the place!
~
Anyway... after reading the great interview and comments of Jane Hall, it reminded me that homogeneous interiors are boring!! COLOR makes us feel alive and happy, and that may not be true for everyone (I guess??) but it's entirely true of me. And she reminded me that it's ok to love bright glorious color!
~
SAY YES TO COLOR!!=)
I posted a comment on one of my favorite blogs Colour Me Happy by Maria Killam...on her latest post which was an interview with Color Expert Jane Hall. I think if I had time to be an expert of anything, and get paid for it right now...that would be one of my top job picks. I LOVE color, and my sisters can tell you I am always "making predictions" on whats going to be hot next...and I am usually right. I guess it's just something I have a knack for.
~
Anyway.. I have been reading so many design blogs recently that are very beautiful...and even my most recent copies of Elle Decor and Traditional Home that have been heavy heavy on the neutral color palettes. While I do see the beauty in them, it's just not me at all! I am extremely color happy (as you all know who've seen my house!) . Happy is the right word because that is what color makes me. HAPPY. It's a joy to live in an environment filled with color.
~
But when I am constantly being barraged with white, neutral, white, cream, neutral, gray....etc...I think I was almost starting to get a color complex! I was starting to feel like I must be totally out of touch to love color so much. I was questioning my own taste!! I have even just recently thought...maybe I should just change ALL my upholstery to white? Because that's what is plastered all over the place!
~
Anyway... after reading the great interview and comments of Jane Hall, it reminded me that homogeneous interiors are boring!! COLOR makes us feel alive and happy, and that may not be true for everyone (I guess??) but it's entirely true of me. And she reminded me that it's ok to love bright glorious color!
~
SAY YES TO COLOR!!=)
~
p.s. A few new pics on the "our House" flikr Set.
~
I just went through that set and realized they are starting to get pretty dated!!
I deleted the completely out of date ones, edited, and added some newer ones!
I will try and keep it more current from now on! =)
Click on the side bar over there...if you wanna see...
~
I just went through that set and realized they are starting to get pretty dated!!
I deleted the completely out of date ones, edited, and added some newer ones!
I will try and keep it more current from now on! =)
Click on the side bar over there...if you wanna see...





3 comments:
Rachel, thank you so much for the shout!! This interview definitely has inspired the most reaction yet!
Thanks again!
Maria
ps. I tried to grab the headline to tweet this post but I couldn't do it? I don't know why.
So, true, Rachel!!! Isn't it great to know us color lovers aren't alone in our hatred (I know it's a strong word, but it's a strong feeling!) for beige???
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. :)
I think it's a communist plot to make us all decorate our houses in only beige, gray , black and the only acceptable accent is red.....it scares me.
not that I'm all that much of a decorator though :)
Post a Comment