~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, September 03, 2009

.....And the Lost Battery has been found!

~



(nicely hidden in a large wicker storage basket in our sunroom by our back door! Sneaky, sneaky!)


This isn't a post about one thing or another really, just some pictures of the past couple of days.

(But I would like to say this) :



~
Dear Home school diary,
Up until today I was kinda starting to feel like I was getting a hang of this schooling stuff. I think I must've been getting a little cocky. Because today for some reason my son, Dane, decided that home school was for the birds, and wouldn't do anything besides scribble all over his whiteboard with his blue marker, and whenever I would ask him a question like, "Dane what letter is that (it was an A), he would say it's a 9! It's a G!M!L!" The whole time was mostly like that today.
And that's why I lost my patience and wanted to pack up all this stuff and just mail him back with it too! It was not the best or brightest of my illustrious schooling at home career thus far. (what-you don't think 2 and 1/2 weeks doing this is ENOUGH to be an expert? c'mon. I totally am. Oh yeah.)
Well, anyway, now, after the day is done I know it was just a bad day. He's not really a bad kid, and I don't think I am such a bad mom/teacher after all either. Ups and downs, right? So tomorrow, I am going to try to be a little more patient. And maybe pray a little harder that I can be attuned to his needs. And know that while I may not be perfect teacher (because heaven knows I have little to NO natural skill here), I am his mom, and who else could love his wild ways more than me?
That's all for now.
.....SO now let's get back to my camera's contents. OK?
Here's my little artist. She's a LUVING that easel now.
Painter girl!

This kid seriously can SMILE for the camera. But open that little phonics book up and he runs for the hills. Or the attic...whatever.

But he can't run from me!! HAHAHAHAHAH. (evil laugh!)

If you don't already know, I am a MASTER SMOOTHIE MAKER. I can't cook worth a dime, but smoothies are my especialty! This is what you get when you add one all fruit smoothie topped in real whipped cream and one curious little snuggle girl....First, I think she was in shock.
"Could it be all for ME?"


It doesn't take long to figure that one out! YUMMMMMY!

But straws really just get in the way, don't they?
Hands are so much less cumbersome!
Scooping is much quicker!
(dontcha wanna reach through the screen and hug her too?)

And later in the day.....


We got together for the afternoon to wish our sweet lil SIS a great Junior Year at BYU!
(She leaves us on Saturday!)
After Panera, Goodwill deal thrifting, Cold stone Cream-tasting, and Park-playing, we said goodbye!

And now, I say goodbye as well!

Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

That is so cute of E with the smoothie!!

Marylin said...

Ooo lady you best be sharing your secret for that smoothie!! She is stinkin cute with her straw and large glass!! Hang in there with the Home schooling your a great Mom to be willing to devote your time to their education in such a hands on kind of way!!