~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, September 04, 2008

A day like today...
~
...makes me wonder if summer will just stop tormenting me already with it's humid sweaty abyss.Come FALL come!
~
....makes me think that having 3 kids is the hardest thing I have ever done.
~
.....makes me wonder if my growing chubbier-by-the-minute infant has a bottomless pit for a stomach, for she seems to never want to stop nursing!
~
.....Prompts my dear daughter to ask at the dinner table deep and meaningful questions like, "Mom, do all things have arms?" Seriously? Did you just ask me that?
~
.....makes me wonder how I made such a sassy little 6 year old girl.For example: I ask how she likes the new shelves Daddy built to organize thier toys in the playroom and painted red. Her response:"Hmmph, they're nice.I guess."(in a totally fake-nice voice)She then voices her disdain that they aren't painted in a mural like way with circuis animals all over them.Sorry dear, usually wood shelving is not painted with elaborate hand detail painting. Then I remember once again it's only fair that she is sassy. It's called PAYBACK. Oh, Woe is me.
~
....makes me rue the day that potty words were ever even invented.
~
.....makes me wonder why we don't just hire a maid, a cook, and some lawn care people to save us from ourselves! Doing it all feels WAY TOO HARD.
~
......makes me shudder, "whahhh???My kids have HOW MANY CAVITIES?" We only own like 500 toothbrushes,a box of like 198 tubes of toothpaste, and another box of like 59 bottles of mouth rinse- and their DAD is a friggin' DENTIST! GOSH!( I secretly know it's all my fault for inadvertently passing down a deep love of sweets...)
~
.........makes me wonder where oh where did I leave my Young Women's folder for my role as SECRETARY. UGH!
~
......Makes me glad that all days are not quite as rough as today. Almost, but not quite. And some are worse. But let's try not to think about that right now, okay?
~
THE END.

3 comments:

Lor! said...

Amen to ALL OF IT! So nice to know that I am not the only one who has days like that! Thanks for making me smile! You have a talent for saying just the right thing! Hang in there. I'm not going to say it gets easier cuz that would be lying, but things are always changing. Who knows what kind of day you'll have next! Thats what makes life so exciting!!! Love you.

Chapman Channel said...

Ugh--I didn't know you had such a bad day--I'm sorry!!! I think I was spreading the bad-day bug from my Wednesday from H-E-double hockey stick!!! Hopefully today (friday) was a whole lot better :)

Sara said...

Hmmmm...I think that you and I have the same list! Sorry it was such a bad day and just think - tomorrow is a whole new day!