~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, September 29, 2008


Sometimes I bet Mark could wonder why I don't get more done during the day. I mean, I do have one child in school for MOST of the day. And then I have one in school for 3 hours 3 days a week. So there should be some good down time SOMEHWERE in there, right? I wanna say, Yeah- but like right now- I am all alone and baby is sleeping on my lap, and I know she really NEEDS a nap, and if I wake her up by moving she could be REALLY cranky, and so instead of running out and getting errands done while I am (somewhat) kid free, I am sitting here reading blogs and thinking about all the other things I should be doing right now- letting her sleep peaceful and contentedly on my lap.

~

She is SOOOO luscious when she is asleep. I seriously could just eat her up.

~

And this week I am going to Utah, with my Mom just for the Weekend of General Conference. I am oddly more nervous than excited about it. I guess I haven't traveled with Elsie yet and I just hope it goes smoothly, and is not more stressful and difficult than fun and realxing. And going to Utah is kind of hard because we haven't been in like over a year and I have like a million people I would love to visit but since it will only be for 3 days I can only see my Sis who's coming down from byu-i, my inlaws, and hopefully my sisinlaw. I won't probably get to see any old friends, though. Oh, well, We just need to plan on making a really longer family trip sometime next year.

~

Anyway.. I am going to be teaching/leading an enrichment group at church. Wanna guess what group? CRAFT. Haha, like that was hard. I am awfully excited about it- I am going to share some of my favorite things I have done around my house, starting with the silhouette art.

~

I am still LOVING my YNAB budgeting system. We are chipping away at our debt- and that is a VERY good feeling! I just feel so much PEACE knowing that I have control over our money. It is a fantastic feeling. I do, however, want to be more frugal still. We can do better.

~
Some thing I haven't mentioned yet is that although I haven't ever eaten much meat (excluding, of course when I am pregnant- then I am CARNIVORE) I have been "trying out" so to speak, being a vegetarian. Although I will eat fish. So I don't really know what that is called. But I think I am going on 3 weeks like that and it is interesting to see how people react when they hear it. I am happy so far, because the main thing good it is doing for me is that I am eating A LOT more veggies. And I feel really good about that. (edit: I looked it up and a person who eats no meat except fish is a pescatarian. It's usually considered a stepping stone towards vegetarian. Although it may be the only stone I step to. ha.)
~
And, for you lurking friend Michelle, I am hoping you will call me and help me organize my closets because the idea is just haunting me!!! My frightening closets are crying out for help! SOS!


~


In a quiet moment like this I immediately start to think, "What else can I do? I shouldn't HAVE downtime. Isn't that like WRONG? Maybe I should reupholster that one chair I started on ages ago. Maybe I should start looking for ideas to decorate our library/office." (That's the next room on the agenda.)


~


Then again, maybe I should close my eyes and just soak in the quiet sounds of the cars as they drive by my house, breathe the crisp fall air, and appreciate a tiny respite from my busy life.


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I so want to go to that Enrichment Night, I love seeing all the crafty things you've done around your house, especially the silhouette art!!

Rachel H said...

come come! give me your email and I'll get you the details!