~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, September 15, 2008

HURRCAINE IKE!! YIKES!!
~



So yesterday THIS (see video) is what happened 'round our neck o' the woods!! We kinda lost our woods. Yikes! No more shade in the back of our house- the swing set, the deck, and our little fire pit area for bonfires were are heavily shaded before- after the crazy wind knocked down a maple tree and an elm tree. Funny thing is, we have 2 dead trees back there that we almost had chopped down this week by a tree service, and they remain COMPLETELY INTACT!! Crazy. So our pretty trees that gave us lovely shade, and beautiful fall foliage, are now gone, and our nasty dead trees are standing strong.


We also lost power, as did most of the areas around here. Luckily it came back on late last night. Many people around us and near my parents house will be out for days.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

No way!!! i can't believe that huge tree fell down. I'm so glad it didn't go the other way and get your house!!! I'm glad your power came back on. We just got phone service back. Our power kept flickering but I think we were one of the few neighborhood who still had power. I'm glad you guys are okay!!