Cute bits.
~
My kids are pretty hot on crafting. I mean, like every single day. In the days gone by, Lena has handmade a doll car seat, kitty pet beds, cat apartments out of big boxes, clothes for dolls and cats....you name it. They cavort with clay, become play-dough candy bakers, get thier monet-on with watercolors, and we go through paints of all kind,markers and crayons like there's going to be a shortage coming.
~
Dane,however, has his own brand of crafting. He cuts tiny "maps" and "notebooks" out of magazine scraps and lined paper. He carries his homemade little notebooks and scratches top-secret "work" information into them.
~
In fact, today we were all talking about the idea of needs vs. wants...and Lena and Dane were saying that Daddy only NEEDS one watch. But he has like a "hundred" because he "wants" them. Apparantly it's the same story with me and jewelry! SO I responded, "Well, everyone likes to collect something,right? Daddy collects watches, I collect neat jewelry, Lena collects cats..."
Dane immediately pops in, "And I collect maps... and keys... and little notebooks.... and tiny pencils!!!!"
~
Hahahha! It was so funny, because if you knew how this child literally has to have TEEENSIE TINY maps, keys, notebooks, and pencils. He literally has to break pencils down to the size he wants them. And he won't have just any small map. It has to be like the size of a small 3 inch square. I have literally used up an ink cartridge just printing countless maps for him and then shrinking them down on our copier!(I've started rationing since then..ahem.)
But seriously what a character.
~
~
Yesterday he was excited about the idea that every time you add an 0 to 1 it makes a bigger number..like 10-100-1000...etc. Haha. He just kept furiously writing his numbers onto his little notebook .
I have to share these two pics...
Our little babe decided her favorite way to dine on pasta(cappelini, last night)is above the head...dropped down into the open wide mouth!She was loving it so much it made us laugh!
Having a ball! hahah!
Here we have these adorable crafty hand paper & felt puppet kits I picked up for Lena for her birthday...she had a blast putting them together! Aren't they so cute? They are from Martha Stewart.
So easy too..
Here's our lucky lady (or Mister!)pumpkins that caught a ride home with us from our outing last week! The kids painted them...and let's just say... we're having trouble knowing "when to say when" once the paint starts flowing... if you know what I mean??? I think we all get a little tipsy once our brushes-and hands!- are dripping in paints.;0)Can you tell Lena's started out as a cat...on the right?





1 comment:
have I told you elsie is the cutest thing to walk the planet? or I guess mogley crawl the planet. I love that girl
Post a Comment