Lena's Baptism Day
~
What a beautiful experience...we were able to see our first child be baptised into our Church this past Sunday. She is the second generation of my family to be born into this wonderful church, and at least the third generation in Mark's side. My parents, who were searching for a new faith as newlyweds... were found by a pair of LDS missionaries over 30 years ago. They joined six weeks after meeting them for the first time, and have never looked back. It changed the course of their lives for the better, in so many ways. Both of them came from Lutheran backgrounds, and to see the difference (for the better)between their extended family and our family - it's honestly shocking how much a difference there is.
From learning to live the word of wisdom, to understanding the true and eternal nature of families, their minds and hearts were opened so much. An overall view of what we believe can be found in our articles of faith. We are working with the kids to memorize those right now. All I can say is positive things about the life my family has led thanks to the beliefs we have. It strengthens our family, my marriage, my love and understanding of God, and overall just helps us live faith-filled, hopeful, happy lives. It is a wonderful faith to grow up in, and experience as an adult as well.
~
Below we have Mark and Lena dressed in all white. Ready to enter the waters of baptism. Being washed clean of all sin at an age where she is old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong. (this is why we don't do infant baptisms.)

It was lovely to watch. When I viewed it, I was filled with emotion, and felt much the same spirit I feel when I am in one of our church's temples. That video below gives a nice little glimpse into our temples. Someday Lena will enter that place with a sweetheart to be sealed(married) for time and all eternity, just like Mark and I. Another glorious experience for the future. After the baptism we had a small reception with hors d'oeuvres . It turned out lovely! Oh, she also wore an heirloom dress that was from my mom from our baptisms! So sweet, and pefectly retro 80's style! lol!
It was simple and beautiful, just the way it should be.
I am so thankful we are blessed to have the peace and happiness we have through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
Lena was so cute...congratulations Lena! I can't believe how big she's gotten so quickly. I feel like she is still two years old saying as her only word.."Flooow floow!" while staring at a flower.
Post a Comment