~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Get spooked this Halloween season.
~
So, really, a while ago Lena and I were shopping at the mall and came across these crazy fun (read=totally impractical and not really useful) platform shoes with purple sequins everywhere and black heels. I just HAD to try them on. (out of sheer curiosity, of course!) We were shocked that we actually really LOVED them...and Lena said, "Oooh, MOM! Those would make really COOL witch shoes for Halloween!" I agreed. And since they were on clearance for $20, I picked them up!
~
I fully intended on being a witch until the evening of our ward's Halloween party. (Which btw...was SAD sad sad...but I will leave it at that.) I was standing in a line at Target with all my witchy goodies...namely a really cool looking feathered witch HAT, only to have my only form of payment (debit card!) get turned DOWN!
~
I soon realized that my card number had been stolen and was blocked. With little time to spare, we had to rush home and get dressed for the night, without any of our extras. I got creative, and so the WITCH will have to wait another year. That night I went as a FLIGHT ATTENDANT, which you may know is not much of a stretch for me since I USED to be one. Easy peasy.
~
We also decided that Halloween no longer encompasses one lone beggar's night. It is a FULL SEASON!! Between parties, trick or treating in two places, midnight madness (in our town), etc...it can last an entire week if you do it right!!haha. (Actaully that would be too much for me. Getting dressed up twice is about my max. Which is why tonight, on ACTUAL Halloween, I could not do it again. I opted for dark gray skinny jeans, black t shirt, and a black cardi-wrap sweater. Gray cardi-uggs.)
~
ANYHOO...SO on to the MAIN attraction.
~
The big stars of this Halloween season:
~
Dane wanted to be a Ghost this year...so this was my slightly sad/quickie attempt. I found the mask for $1.50 at a local resale shop! I made the white ghosty out of a sheet..hand slashed!haha. Little did I realize that there are about 500 boys wearing this mask on Halloween. And he didn't really even wear it because he said it smelled like HOT ice cream! What??? I tried it on and thought it smelled good. hahaha.
Lena of course was a Vet. A KITTY CAT VET, of course. Elsie, also I went easy on this year. The pull-over BEE costume, for which she matched her cousin Oliver perfectly!! Buzz buzz!!

The flight attendant look was kinda boring, so when the first Trick or Treating came around, I really had no plans at all of getting dressed up. But to sit down in front of my makeup mirror withOUT doing ANYTHING special for Halloween??? It was an unappealing thought. My mind wanted a sort of flapper-retro movie star makeup look. SO with nothing but an imaginary picture in my mind I whipped out this makeup, a faux fur stole, hair flower, some jewels and dress up clothes, and VOILA! All dressed up.

Which made me happy.

And was fun!

And I am SO all about FUN.

SMOOCHY SMOOCHY! haha!

The next day we had some kid fun with Aunt Millie, Stephie, Granny, and all those cutie cute little cousies at a wonderfully fun place called WORLD of BOUNCE. Yep. Bounce till ya just can't bounce no more. And then some.

Millie's kids kinda didn't love it.(they are cautious little ones!) My crazy kids of course LOVED it. Elsie was screaming to go down the Biggest highest slide of all! Which we took her down like 3 times! haha.

And, finally....tonight we finished out the Season with Trick or Treating up north of us at Dr.Dale's (Mark's partner's)house with their kids and neighborhood. Dane's ghost costume had gotten dirty, so he opted to be Dash again. A good look for him, I think. =)


Elsie was OFFICIALLY initiated into candy snarfing with the best of them this year.

And she's definitely loving that!!



HOPE YOUR HALLOWEEN WAS SUPER SPOOKTACKULAR!

1 comment:

acutely cherished said...

You are way too pretty to be Vilola :) Man those kids of yours are so stinkin cute!!!