~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Today eees Pitchur Daeee.
~
More like DIS...
Less like DAT....
Ahh, that lovely time of year where we try to capture the best side of ourselves to remember fondly as the years go by. I do like taking pictures as I have modeled on occasion since the young age of 12(or was it 13? I have such a horrible memory.) So I know that I CAN get a good one if I try. TRY is the main word there. If I DON'T try, well- then I just end up looking like some frightening Beverly hillbilly with blotchy skin and a scary look on my face.
~
And that's just me. Then there's the wild card of adding children into the picture. Look out. Our photographer (and friend) who has taken pictures of us several times...tells me my kids are wonderful to photograph. Yeah RIGHT! I say. Then how come almost every time my Husband or I try to take a picture of them they either run away screaming or end up looking like a pirate with one eye scrunched closed and an odd half smile/half grimace? I don't know what he's talking about- let's just get that straight. He must be tricking them into thinking if they smile for the camera they'll get a puppy or something. Or a pound of M&M's. Something like that.
~
Then add a BABY to the picture. One barfing, crying, pooping, sneezing (she has a cold), runny nose little precious princess. How's THAT gonna work out? With Elsie, I haven't even tried to do baby announcements! Is that so SAD? Because when we had Dane, I remember trying to do this "awesome Anne geddes-like" shoot, with him all naked and stuff. He literally, barfed, peed and pooped in the one session of photography. All over the nice black fabric backdrop and everything. Needless to say, we ended up putting a diaper back on a just taking the picture with a blankie covering his privates. It worked out, but I guess I was left a little traumatized. And what with blogging and all- it seems anyone I might have sent an announcement to has already seen the little pipsqueak!
~
My mom and I have always laughed about how ugly we'd all be if not for modern medicine. If not for optometrists,dermatologists, and orthodontists I'd have coke bottle glasses, bugs bunny buck teeth, and acne scars covering my face. (Seriously!! except for the glasses- my eyes aren't THAT bad.) What a joy the "olden days" must've been for people. Anyway... I am left alone today as Mark is working right up until the Photographer comes. Hopefully, I can get some makeup on, fix the hairs, pick out all our attire (and iron- if necessary), and get the kiddies looking like a darling catalogue for PRECIOUS CHILDREN. haha. Wish me luck.





2 comments:

Amelia said...

Hahaha. You're too hard on yourselves...you guys always end up looking splendid and we definately look like that second picture you have because we always snap a christmas picture of us standing in front of the christmas tree with our camera timer. can you say lopsided?

The Cochran Family said...

How did it go? Did you have a few less hairs to brush by the end of the day? Well, I can't wait to see the end product! I'm sure you will get one with only ONE pirate eye! :) I will see you in SIX weeks! Yah!