(comic courtesy of a blog I enjoy)
Well, I voted today! My stomach is still tied up in knots since this day is not over yet. I am glad I voted, of course, but I feel so conflicted about the country and how it is we are all so different in our ideas. I have discussed the whole thing nearly into the ground as of late with my husband, sisters... and even my 7 yr. old daughter. Tonight she asked my husband why if Obama gets elected will we all have to pay more in taxes. Why couldn't we just pay whatever we wanted in taxes. Mark was shocked she even asked such a question! Obviously she's caught some of what we have talked about lately.
~
Why people can want to vote for Obama just eludes me completely. (please forgive me friends who do-or did, I should say) One thought I have on that is you can tell a lot about who a person is by who they surround themselves with. It reminds me of the old high school lesson at church about picking good,quality friends to stay on the right track and not be influenced by the kids who were choosing to drink, take drugs, etc. I am just so amazed that so many normal people can completely overlook all the scary/dangerous/racist/sexist people Obama had surrounded himself with and been in close contact with over the years, and he even plans on putting many of them into his cabinet if elected tonight. It just astounds me that people don't judge him for any of that.
It makes me think back to when my little sister was in high school, she was the top in her class. Pretty AND Smart! She started dating this HUGE LOSER kid. He was a wiry little nerdy looking punk who didn't have his driver's licence and was BEST friends with every drugged out kid in the school. BUT he PROMISED my sister - he was ONLY friends with them. HE did NOT DO DRUGS. Oh no! He was a totally innocent bystander. She stood by him, enamored with some inane adoration not one of us could figure out. Finally, after many months of near warring with her about this boy, my own brave mother had to knock some sense into her. The wool was finally lifted from her eyes, and she was shocked to realize he was just the Drugged out Loser everyone around her all knew he was. But she just couldn't see it.
~
The point here I think is pretty obvious. There are SO MANY REASONS to not trust BHO to run the most powerful country in the world, but doesn't this one throw up even the tiniest red flag?
~
Anyway... it'll all be over soon. And in a way I am grateful. I just hope and pray that whoever gets elected tonight will be blessed, led, and protected by God to make good choices in leading our country into the next season of it's life. And we will continue to be blessed with prosperity for working hard and making the most of our lives.





4 comments:
Okay, I seriously can't stop laughing at the thought that you are relating barack obama to josh bethel!!! I totally get your example...oh sigh--I just hope america can see the light, the way I did!
No lucky chucky.
That comic is hilarious! I totally understand what your saying. I feel like I'm walking around in a world of people wearing blindfolds and I'm the only one who isn't. All I can say is, I am looking forward to the next 4 years of late night comedy.
I couldn't agree with you more, but we are compoany right...so we should agree :) Man I wish I could post my opinions on the internet without being attacked by mean people. I honestly have been thinking about not blogging anymore. I'm sick.
Post a Comment