Weekend Update...
~
Well, as you can see, I am trying out some new backgrounds.. just for fun. Was getting bored of the same old thing I've had for so long (even though I realized that our clothes from our new pic matched perfectly with the old colors- random!) But I was sick of it so I'm going to change it up a bit.
~
I made a book on snapfish of Baby E's best pics up to this point to give as gifts to the grammys and grampys and it turned out really cute. Lena and Dane are obsessed with it right now. Reading it and looking at it nonstop! I am completely sold on that form of "scrap booking" now. I have always been the worst at scrap booking, because it was so tedious, time consuming, expensive, and messy. But digital is the way to go for sure. I am kind of obsessed with making books now. Still a little pricey, I guess, but so much easier!
~
Anyway... the weekend was fine, DH worked on Sat so we really didn't do much exciting. Our house was kinda clean so we invited the missionaries over on Sunday with an inactive member and his Daughter who was 9 and played wonderfully with Lena and Dane. I made some yummy Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup, salad, with bread. And for dessert, a yellow cake that I added choco pudding to- so it became kind of light chocolate cake with my YUMilicious chco-pudding-cool whip frosting. With rainbow sprinkles, of course. =)
~~
I put some tall vase/candle things(what are they called?)that I had filled with pheasant feathers(formerly on the mantle in the LR) as table decor in the dining room-looks very Thanksgiving/fall-ish. Well, the kitties immediately thought they were their new playthings and jumped up, knocking one over and chipping it. Luckily, the hubby was able to Mr.Fix-it- but because I am obsessed with keeping them on the table because they look good and I want them there- I totally booby-trapped them on the table overnight to keep the kitties off!! I laid pillows all around them, and then I covered the pillows in wide super-sticky tape, so their little paws would get stuck to the tape if they tried any shenanigans again!! Hahaaha!! I think it worked because it looked in the morning like they DID try, but the tape was all in a ball, and I haven't seen them try to be naughty again.
~
Oh yeah- we did do one fun other thing. On Sat while hubs was working I let the kiddoes try out the Pebeo paints for some of their own special plate art.(They survived just by a hair, as after I baked them the appropriate amount on Saturday, I conveniently forgot they were in the oven, and when our guests arrived on Sunday, I accidentally baked them yet again at an insanely high degree... the paint was actually bubbling on them! )





2 comments:
Oh i was wondering which one you would choose for the "main one" b/c they were all so good! I love Elsie's lil profile!Life seems busy but great as usual!I have a flat tire...I have to figure out!
Hey! I love the red and tan background. It's vintage and festive all in one!
Post a Comment