~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, November 03, 2008

Weekend Update!!
~
Finally we were able to get our family together this weekend and celebrate 5 out of the 6 Birthdays that occurred this October! Crazy! It was fun to come together at the Farm (a.k.a. My parents house out in the Country!) We took a walk at a local Nature preserve... and the cousins had so much fun playing together.My mom made her LEGENDARY cinnimon swirl bread, and we were feasting on that as well as some fall ham and bean soup with a gigantic salad! It was great. My mom is such a fantastic cook. Dessert was a homemade apple cobbler, vanilla ice cream, AND cake! We were sent home with a big bagfull of fresh pears and apples from their fruit trees, so I need to get creative and make some tasty desserts for us this week too!
I also added a few pics of our Halloween outing & Dane's party! We went trick or treating with Mark's partner's family again this year. Our kids get along really well. For Dane's school party I made the chocolate covered pretzel sticks rolled in mini m&m's. And we took a fall walk at a lovely metro park on Sat- it was SO beautiful that day- we must've seen like 50 people getting thier pictures taken that day. Funny.
Anyway - it was a great hangout weekend!


2 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Ahhh I can't wait to see yall in about 7 weeks!! Woohoo! I CAN wait for the cold weather!!! Alas, I might console myself with a new Burberry scarf and hat....boohoo :)

Amy Jane said...

what great pictures!!