~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Announcing:

Our very first Spring {CUP}Cake Wrecks!!


I don't know how I got roped into making these last night...but coming from someone who is not a great cook, I do pride myself on things looking really good. (even if they don't taste it-haha!) But really, THIS TIME, these ones TASTE much better than they look. They are chocolate cake cupcakes...with less fat and guilt!!

Here's the quick-n-easy recipe:

1 box devil's food cake mix

3tbspns baking unsweetened cocoa

1tbspn oil

1 whole can of plain pumpkin

Half a bag of white chocolate chips

Blend it all together...and fill cupcakes!

(and please make them look better than mine...these are a little too spring-colored-poopy looking for my tastes -don't tell my kids that, ok?)


Cook at 350 for 15 minutes or so.

They are rich, and moist and pretty dense! Enjoy! And let me know if you tried them, alright?

Alright!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

i'm gonna try this. i'm guessing that's one 15 oz. can of pumpkin? do they taste pumpkinny? cause that would be yum! with cream cheese icing...i'll let you know how it goes.

Rachel H said...

yeah that's the right size...and no they don't have pumpkin flavor...it's more of a "secret" ingredient to get some healthy stuff into the kids...you could do it with a plain yellow cake or something for the pumpkin flavor!!

Marylin said...

Those sound so good! I can't wait to try them, my kids will LOVE them!! Who am I kidding I will too!