~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Woo-hoo! FINALLY!

~

Jeepers, I seriously thought I would have this done in 2 days...but I couldn't scrape together enough time to get this thing done until today!! And I am still going to make a couple of small coordinating throw pillows for the corners. You might recall me posting a picture of this back when we got it off of craigslist a few months ago. I originally had planned for this little baby to go in our library re-do. But, alas, is was not meant to be!! haha! We actaully ended up inheriting a lovely sofa from my little sister that fits much better in there. So this was re purposed into our master bedroom. And BOY, am I glad! It has made that room so happy! It is practically glowing. (I'm not kidding!)
~
Here we have the "BEFORE" and you may not be able to tell but this was the ORIGINAL upholstery, and it was NASTY!!! Soooo dirty. Cost, $30.
~

Below you will see her after I have torn all the fabric off, staple by staple! It's tedious, but oh-so-worth it! Often times, the tearing off/disassembling part takes the longest. (Having the right tools for this makes all the difference, btw!) The wood was really dinged up so I chose to paint it a bright white.




~


THROW that old FABRIC in the TRASH!!!!!
ICK.


~
And... after a quite respectable amount of toil and effort.....

~Voila~


{please excuse the fabric bits and staple gun in the back!! That thing is my best friend. Talk about making a project easy!Well, especially when what I used to use was a $20 staple gun from Lowes. Yikes.}


~


And since I was getting all excited...I decided to dress up these lamp shades while I had the hot glue gun out...



...With some FEATHER-TRIM! ohhh. Me likey!


Now, put them both together...and here's a little bedroom glamour! =)


Uh-Oh!!


I think my bed is starting to get jealous now.... I might have to attend to that next!!

8 comments:

Chapman Channel said...

WOAH--I almost forgot to leave a comment because I was in such amazement at the TRANSFORMATION of that loveseat! You made that old tired sofa go from "nobody wants to sit on me...wahhhhhh" to "LOOK AT ME--BAB-AY, don'tcha wish yer loveseat was HOT like ME?" Yeah...okay, but seriously--it's awesome.

Marylin said...

AMAZING!! Too bad we live so far away cause we would so be hanging out so you could teach me a few things!! Awesome!!

Rachel H said...

Stephie- FUNNIEST comment EVER! hahaha. Love it.

Marylin- thanks for the compliment! I often wish certain bloggers were my next door neighbors because I see us having so much in common!!

Amelia said...

hahahhaha. that doesn't compete with my 25 dolla recliner! just kidding just kidding.

Lor! said...

holy talented! You're amazing! I would pay good money for an ounce of your thrifty, crafty, interior know-how! Great job on your chair and everything else you do!

Mandy said...

I saw the couch and thought jeez, what is she going to do with THAT! and look at you, amazing as always!!

Natalie said...

hahah YOU HAVE TO TEACH ME HOW TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0

I NEED MATCHING LOVE SEATS FOR MY APARTMENT!!!!!!!!! ha you should offer some Rachie's Amazing Upholstery Class 101 for the community & make millions haha.

Kellie said...

You are so amazing! Wish I could be there in person to see it! Looks great!