~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, April 13, 2009

Conversation of the weekend:
~
First, here's the set up:

We were driving over to a church building in our city for a wedding reception, and it is one that is situated right next to the Temple. My kids started talking about how long it's been since they had even seen the temple, and how they couldn't even remember what it looked like!
~
I was thinking, "Oh good! Spiritual teaching/feeling moment ahead! They'll see the beautiful temple and I'll remind them about the wonderful things we do there!"

~
As we get closer to it, I say, "Look for the Angel Moroni at the tippy top!"

~
As we round the bend and the beautiful white solid marble spires of the temple become visible, Lena exclaims:
~
"Mommy!!! THAT is soooo beautiful! I LOVE the Angel Moroni statue on top!"
~
Me: "I know, it's really pretty huh!"
~
Lena:" It's so coool , I want too go up there and chop it down and stick it on the top of our house!"

~
Holdup. Whaaaaaaaaat was that??????

~
Dane joins in:
"Well, if I were going to chop it down, I'd need an axe."
~
Lena: "Nooo, I think you'd need a chainsaw."
~
HUH??????
Me:
"You GUYS!!! We are not chopping down the Angel Moroni for our house!!! He BELONGS on the temple! GOSH!!"
~
Well, that certainly killed the warm fuzzy spiritual teaching moment faster than a fly on a hot fly trap.

Oh, my.
~


... there's always tomorrow, right?

5 comments:

Amelia said...

hahahahaha. i love lena and dane!

That Girl said...

LOL!

The mental image I have right now is one I hope to conjure up whenever I'm down.

A CHAINSAW! HA!

Teresa said...

your intentions were good, does that count? :) i think so.

Julie Beddoes said...

At least they love it enough to want to bring it home with them!

Mandy said...

I'm freakin busting a gut over that!! hahaha, that is SO funny!!!