
.....GOES KID-CRAZY!!!
~
Sooo, we have lived in our current house for going on 4 years (in June) and the entire time our children have played on this rickety old swing set that was left in our back "yard" (it's an old city corner lot that has virtually no grass...all blacktop..so not exactly a yard, but it's all we've got, ok?)
I have tried all this time to be frugal and not spend crazy tons on a new swing set..despite the urgings to do so!! But a couple weeks ago..as I was perusing my dear Craiggie-listy, a RAINBOW (if you are not kid-gear savvy, this is the Cadillac of swing sets...)swing set was up for sale right around the corner from our house for a mere $500!! Woo-hoo!! And it must've been fate because the guy selling it told me he got a ton of emails the first night it was listed, and we were the FIRST to email him! So luck be a lady that night, and she let us get it! ;0)
~
Here we have the OLD original one....
not a real "loooker"..lol!
And TA- DAAAA!! Dane on his new castle. Yesterday he even put a pillow and blanket up there and laid in it sick while daddy was finishing the frame around it.
And after painting the frame white (Mark also added the little finials on the corners to match our deck) I think it looks pretty nice! The kids do too. On the first night we had it, Dane woke up at like 4 am, and looked out the window and saw it. He promptly ran into our bedroom, waking us both up excitedly: "Can I go out and play? PUH-leeeeeeeze?"
I groggily responed, "Dane, you at least have to wait until the sun is up, buddy!"
And then...at 7 am they were both out there playing!
....As they say at the old Golden Arches,
They're Luvin' IT.





2 comments:
Ooooo. I have envy. Lots of it.
Rachel, I'm so excited for you! This looks like an awesome swing set, and to think you got it for only $500! What a deal. The frame adds the perfect touch that makes it look like it was the perfect match! Miss you.
Post a Comment