~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, April 09, 2009

I am not one for keeping anything secret for long.
~
I am also probably one of the least likely people in the world to say I am even considering this.
~
But, right now, I am consumed with a drive to learn all I can, read all I can, and talk to everyone that I can find who has ...
~
HOME SCHOOLED their children.
~
These are the facts of life for me right now:
~
We are in an EXCELLENT school district, with a daughter in an ARTS focus magnet school.
{then why is my little artist STILL-after nearly 2 years- crying nearly every day about school-and not just that -she's begging to just be HOME?}
~
I feel we have VERY little quantity OR quality time as a family.
~
Due to my hubby's work schedule, about half of the time, the kids see their dad for maybe a few minutes before bed. That's it for the WHOLE day.
~
I long to have my children connect more...as friends, and I also long to BE more connected to them.
~
SCHOOL SCHEDULES drive us ALL crazy.
~
Based on my personal experience, I believe that more harmful socialization is done in school than helpful socialization.
~
When I think back to my own school time {not including my college years} I have very FEW positive memories .
~
So, right now...I have to admit that I am surprised as anyone by this passion that has overcome me. I am praying for guidance. The thought that has permeated my mind is this:
~
"You do not know what God has in store for your family, your own personal development. Having a daughter that needs you in this way may change you and your entire family for the better."
~
So I am in the infancy stages of this process. I am just beginning to research. This
article (outside of the technical parts) rings VERY true to what my heart is speaking to me right now. WOW. I can't believe that we might be moving this direction. Life is full of surprises.

6 comments:

Em said...

Funny, I've been contemplating this lately too, and there are so many resources out there for homeschooling, I'm realizing all my preconceptions about it were wrong.

Amy Jane said...

I think home schooling can be a great choice! There are a lot of socializing groups out there just for home-schooled children. I had to do a project on this subject when I was in college, there are a lot of options as far as how to go about it! Good Luck!

Kage said...

Wow. I did think about home schooling when I first realized I would be raising my kids in the city. And it will always be there as an option....and I was surprised by that too.....can't wait to read about your home schooling journey.

Amelia said...

Rach I really liked that article. I'm gonna make danny read it! That totally sums up how I feel about it all.

Amy Beth said...

Rachel, It is scary, but you can't go wrong when you follow the Spirit. My favorite resources are www.rainbowresource.com & www.ldfr.com

e-mail me with any questions. mcpherson10@juno.com

Amy McPherson

Rachel H said...

Thanks Amy!! I appreciate that! I will email you !