~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, April 05, 2009

In Tribute to my Firstborn and sweet little Friend.
~
Dear Lena,
When you were born, it changed my life forever!! You were my first baby! Back then I could not imagine how fast the time would go, and what an amazing journey it would be. I have grown SO much as a mother since then! I know since having Elsie, your and Dane's baby sister, this past year our lives have evolved and changed once more. I have called on you to be the "big one" in the family, to help me with everything from changing a diaper to keeping sissy happy while I tend to something else. You have stood up to the task, and she loves you almost like a second mommy! She always laughs and smiles at you, and you are so sweet to her.
~
But this weekend, we had some time alone {a mommie-daughter date!}, for the first time in a LOONG time! And it made me take a little walk down memory lane afterward. I remember when you were such a darling little baby too!! So fun and full of life from the very beginning!

And look at what an absolutely precious little girl you turned into! Unique in so many ways, always strong willed and ready to walk your own path! I recognize myself in you.


On our little "date" this weekend, I saw a new version of you. More mature. More grown up! You wanted to be like me {and even wore my sunglasses the whole time! haha!} and wanted to hang out like a big girl. We went to the big outdoor mall, and you wanted to see if we could get matching crystal sandals at one of the stores! I wish we could have! haha!

~

We spent all afternoon walking around and talking, and I realized that we have so much FUN ahead of us!! I suddenly realized that you- my sweet little daughter- would also become my new BEST FRIEND, as you grow bigger. We had such a wonderful time together- just us.


I had a flash forward, of us together- picking out a dress for your first homecoming dance, or going out just like this and getting pedicures together! I look forward to spending time with you, as both as your mother and as a friend. I love and adore the little person you are becoming. Your daddy and I want you to know you are SO wonderfully beautiful, both INSIDE and out!


Lena,
simply put:
Thanks for choosing me to be your mom.
I am honored.

4 comments:

Marylin said...

I found your blog through "A Daily Scoop" and I have to tell you that I love how your house is decorated!! You are soo talented, I am assuming that you are responsible for how AMAZING it looks!! What a beautiful family you have!! Oh and I love girls day with my daughters too!! :)

That Girl said...

Tear-jerking tribute.

I especially loved the last line ...

Teresa said...

sometimes i long to have a daughter to be girlie with once in a while. i love my 3 boys of course, but a day like yours would be so much fun.
two blonde beauties!

Mandy said...

ok, i am tearing up just reading that beautiful post, i love my 3 boys but i would love to have a baby girl too!