~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, April 19, 2009

What have I been up to lately??
~
That is a lovely question I surely wish I had something to show for...but alas! This week is over (kid's spring break!)...and I have not taken photo documentation of a single iota..except for tonight, for a few moments!
~
For the record though-what we did on spring break: (and BOY! do we all wish it wasn't over....can we just start homeschooling NOW? Please! I guess we must wait until the school year is over. Only a month and a half left of torture! haha!)
~

1. We had daddy home all day on Tuesday, and we HEART that daddy.
~
2.We had Aunties Millie and Stephie come on Thursday with applicable cousins, and even ended up having an impromptu sleep-over and the mommies got to watch TWILIGHT on the big screen while sneaking Easter candy late after all the kiddoes were a-snooze! YAY!
~
3.Mark and I took the kiddies out to The Cheesecake Factory for a "real-grown-up" kind of family dinner out on Saturday! I think it was the first time we've taken the whole clan some where like that. For me, the highlight of the night was that Dane ordered a cheese pizza, and it was enormous! When it came out, his eyes grew as big as silver dollars and he was in such shock that it was all for him!! hahah! It was too funny!!! And Lena of course was in LOVE with the Godiva Cheesecake. That girl has some serious gourmet-chocolate-lovin-chops on her.
~
4. I DID almost finish the love seat I am re-upholstering...but Mark worked SO much over the weekend that I didn't get hardly any free time!! So, SOOON!
~
5. THEN on Sunday, after church, our home teachers showed up just as I was scrambling to get the house ready to have the missionaries over for dinner!! My darling darling doll (can you hear the sarcasm here?) hubby forgot to mention it, and so I was caught QUITE off guard!! haha! It worked out fine... but lemme just say... I get really stressed out before we have dinner parties of any kind.. not to mention the fact that I was really short on time for prep (meaning cleaning the house and cooking) so I had to REALLY try to talk myself into being calm and patient and not having a cow. YIKES! Dinner with the missionaries was fun and fine, and for dessert we had ice cream cones, for fun. Welll....ELSIE decided she was not missing out on any of this stuff any longer!! She grabbed mine right out of my hand and gobbled it right up!! haha!
So THOSE are the only pics I have to show you!!
ELSIE'S FIRST ICE CREAM CONE!
~
Just an itty-bitty taste mama!!!!

ELSIE says:
"MAMA- WHAAA? I's NOT naughty mama!! I's just likes dose yummy cold-creamies!"


"I had to stick my WHOLE face in it, to really get dat tasting on! Der was no udder way."

2 comments:

Marylin said...

Sounds like you had a great Spring Break and oh my goodness look at that sweet face enjoying some ice cream!! LOL love that!!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

All I kept thinking was....Holy cow I hope that chocolate comes out of those cute clothes (where's the bib?)!!!!