~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, October 20, 2008

For all my Obama Lovin' Cronies...
~
Random thought/question:
I was thinking about Obama's "Spread the wealth" idea, about how much of m own income would I be willing to part with for the betterment of society/the poor.
I will say that I am blatantly ignorant of any details on what his plan is in this area, so feel free to teach me.
~
If I (DH& I) am forced to offer up more of my (our) income that we have worked for upwards of 15 years to achieve, then I would also ask that in return our DEBTS be distributed equally as well.
For one we have endured many longs years of school, which have in turn created a LARGE (think 6 figures- not to mention a mortgage & a practice loan) amount of school debt that we are willing and anxious to pay off as our finances allow. Should we be given the freedom to be responsible adults, work to make our own Money, and then work to make a life for ourselves by taking care of our own debts as well? If that freedom is taken away, well I would kindly ask that our debts be eliminated as well.
~
That would be fair.
~
But, if our compensation for all that education and work is no longer increasing, then we might as well just let go of our employees, get hired on at some 9-5'er job, (as my DH says) a "SHOW UP" job (where all you gotta do is basically"show up" to get paid). Because where is the motivation?
~
I was just wondering.

4 comments:

Julie Beddoes said...

THANK YOU, RACHAEL! You are just giving me LOADS of material to use in my "discussions" with my Obama supporting family (not my friends... I choose friends who are a bit smarter than that. LOL)

Sarah Lunt said...

Thank you! I totally agree!

Chapman Channel said...

Hey--I totally agree, but since I'm in the po-side o' town, I think I might actually BENEFIT from the redistribution of wealth...maybe they can dog-ear your specific wealth towards me and I promise I'll give some of it back to you guys ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree that you are blatantly ignorant on the details of his plan. But you can educate yourself by going to his website and reading about his economic plans. And yeah, I don't think you guys would be good candidates for living the law of consecration.