~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, October 23, 2008


THANKFUL.
~
That is a new mantra I have.
In the last session of general Conference someone gave a talk about praying all THANKS to God.
No begging for wants, blessings, me, me, me.
Just THANKS.
GRATEFULNESS.
It hit home for me.
Am I sufficiently grateful for all the numerous blessings I have?
Or do I just ask, ask , ask when I pray?
What kind of child am I being to my father in heaven?
I want Him to know that I am thankful in my heart of hearts.
For my LIFE, my CHILDREN, our health and happiness.
We are so blessed.
I needed to remember that.
I needed to be reminded.
Because it matters.
And I can already tell a change in the way I pray.
I am surprised that the tone of my prayers feels more reverent.
More connected.
My emotions and heart are more in touch with the spirit.
My children are even more the center of my world.
I want to please them more, as well as my sweet LOVE.
Cuz LOVE is where it's at.
LOVE is what matters- nothing else.
~
And I am humbly grateful for that reminder, as well.

No comments: