~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

All Stitched Up...
OK, I can't even say a word about the super tuesday primaries, as they were incredibly dissapointing. And I will leave it at that. On Monday, though, we had our first lovely experience at our local Urgent Care facility! What a joy that was (with about 15 flu ridden folks lining the room around us)!
~
Let me explain. A normal day was occuring- with both kids having thier gymnastic classes that day. Afer kindergarten and lunch, it was Lena's turn for class. She immediately ran in ahead of us as always, and got ready to have her class. I came in with Dane, and as the preggers girl that I am, immediately had to hit the restroom to pee. So I ran over while I am literally finishing up, I hear a crying. Hmm. It sounded suspiciously enough like Lena. And within 10 seconds she comes running into the bathroom crying. I am like barely wiping, pulling up my pants, and opening the stall door to see her cradling her chin dripping in blood. ACK!
~
"What in the WORLD just happened, Lena? " I ask in shock, knowing that even if her class HAD started, they spend the first 10 minutes in this little cirlcle doing easy warmups. You can't really get hurt there.
"IIII caan't rememmmberrr!!!!" She wails as we are trying to blot her chin with some paper towels.
How is that even possible when she JUST had it happen?
~
It looks BAD, and even as I am feeling rather lightheaded at all the blood, luckily a very large and useful group of moms surround her, one of them informs me that she is a pediatric nurse, and grabs her, wahses her up, someone gets an ice pack and before I know it they're taping her entire lower head up with gauze and white medical tape.
"You are going to need to take her into urgent care." A couple of the most qualified moms tell me.
~
Ok! So off to the URGENT CARE we go, which is really ironic that it's called "urgent" as we must have waited nearly an hour and a half just to get into the doctor, where we waited more. When she finally DID come in, the doctor was absolutely sweet and fantastic. And with the help of Mark, a nurse and the doctor, they were able to hold her down to numb her chin up enough that they could put the stitches in.
~
And finally, we discover the story, which seems rather strange. She apparently slipped on some hard floor area of the gym, fell STRAIGHT on her face, and split the skin under her chin open. Wow. How that happened I have no idea as she wasn't wearing socks. Anyway, if we all survive without catching the flu outbreak that seems was rampant that day in the urgent care, I will be very grateful!

No comments: