We have survived through the De-Christmasification Process.
~
Everyone I know that has heard that we only JUST got all the Christmas stuff put away over the weekend, usually responds like this:
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
Yeah- I know -in some people's minds that puts us in the "crazy-weird-Christmas-lover-people-who-really-love Christmas-a-little-TOO-much." But for us, honestly, it's not even really about Christmas anymore. It's about the twinkly lights that were cheer-glow-uppering us through the dark winter evenings of January...and February..and almost March. I mean, DUDE, if there's SNOW on the ground, in my mind I would enjoy a sparklingly lit tree in my living room. Maybe I am weird, or maybe I am just obsessed with teeny tiny little white lights- either way- I LIKE 'EM. They make me HAPPY. But they are finally gone.
~
I have to admit am mourning the lights just a little. Because there are snowflakes on the ground, you see, and it still gets dark at like 3:30 in the afternoon (okay maybe not THAT early- but almost), so now I think I am going to have to start shopping for a new crystal chandelier for my ceiling...just to appease my seasonal light- problem. I decided a long time ago that crystal chandeliers were probably about the same cost as therapy- and they stay around for me to look at a lot longer, so that's my form of seasonal light therapy. Prettier, too.
~
One funny thing Dane said after we took down the tree, "No more Christmas And Valentine's day." I think he thought they were one holiday. In his prayers at night he'd say, " We are thankful for Chrstmas and Valentine's day!"
~
We had FHE tonight and Lena was in charge of the "Lesson". It was so cute how she totally took charge. She announced importantly, "I want to talk about Heavenly Father's plan, and how he and Jesus created everything. Then she went on to list this enormous list- The earth, water, the sky, giraffes,hippos, goats,bunnies, kitties, toucans,monkeys,rhinos, lions, bears, etc..." So funny! She went really fast too, so the whole lesson was finished in like 5 minutes flat. It was great.
~
We finished the evening by taking the kids to this amazing local ice cream chain here called Greater's as a reward for us having family Scripture study and prayer every night last week. We made a chart for that too, and hope that we can establish for real a long attempted habit.
~
And that's kinda all for now, other than I am trying to get my house clean so we can have about 20 teenage girls invade our house tomorrow night for thier YW activity- which should be tons of fun...Oh yeah. I can totally do the "13 going on 30" thing. No PROBLEMO.





6 comments:
That's so funny because this past Friday WE finally took down our tree as well! Glad we're not the only Christmas and Valentine's Day tree people out there! :)
I think white lights aren't Christmas-specified decoration. I see them all the time around here. And actually I had white lights at my wedding reception. I love the FHE activity. So cute! How old is Lena?
She's 6- and completely obsessed with animals...which I think is why she was so excited to name as many off as she could. ha!
Graeter, miss that! The halverson family, miss that more! I LOVE that diaper bag, sooooo cute. It's actually a diaper bag too? with like pockets and stuff? Thats cool that Lena is old enough to give the lesson. WHat fun, you should get those on video! Guess what we are getting hardwood floors on monday!!! Yah!
You guys are so good at trying to always do family home evening!!! We try to read the scriptures with Oliver sometimes--the ones with the pictures--but he isn't old enough to really seem to be interested yet. The pics are still too realistic, maybe if they were MORE cartoony, they would hold his attention. We seriously need to try to at least get in the habit with these things now, so we aren't struggling to do it when he IS ready.
PS. I think your dark-enshrowded living room DOES need a chandalier...just another vote for more light in there :)
Post a Comment